A quiet retreat

Overview: Y/n is staying at Druig's settlement, and she is introduced to the other Eternals. (This isn't canon, but I've had this on my mind for a while! If you want to think timeline wise, this would probably be after 'Home', but before Eternals, and T'Challa would've recommended it.)

Word count: 1,647

Warnings: None!

*****

"It's nice here, sir!" Karun exclaimed, holding his camera with both hands. "Very peaceful."

Kingo shook his head as he strolled at Karun's side. His scanned cautiously around the settlement, not seeming to buy into the peaceful atmosphere. "It's not. But I guess ignorance is bliss." He murmured, obviously knowing something that Karun didn't. The entire group looked nervous - well, everyone except for Makkari.

You see, the group had decided to check in on one another after the Thanos fight. They had to make sure that nobody stepped in, and that everybody was alright after watching half of the population dust away and come back five years later. Even for an Eternal, it was a lot to process. They all loved the Earth so much, yet they couldn't interfere against any threat except for deviants.

Druig was the last person to check up on, mainly because he was pretty hard to track down, but also because the only person that trusted him was Makkari. She was the second-to-last person to be checked up on, and the group just hoped that having her there would mean that Druig wouldn't act as hostile. They hadn't interacted as a group for thousands of years, and let's just say that they hadn't left it on good terms.

*****

Y/n had spent the last month in Druig's settlement. Deep in the trees and away from any technology or stress. It was bliss - or at least the closest to bliss she'd been for a long time. Complete peace and quiet. A place to process her thoughts, try and work through her nightmares, and to relax. Hell, it'd been a while since her only worries had been about what she was going to choose for breakfast.

Druig had decided to take y/n in after he was approached by T'Challa and the Dora Milaje. The king instructed the Dora Milaje to stay on the outskirts whilst he walked into the settlement, aware of Druig's aversion to weapons and violence. As always, T'Challa was respectful and calm as he approached Druig and explained y/n's situation. He hoped that giving her a place to go that had no link to her past would be helpful, even if it was just for a little while.

Druig happily accepted y/n into the settlement after hearing her story, taking her in as one of his own without hesitation. He'd had run-ins with Wakandans before, so he had been expecting the king to introduce himself sooner or later, but he was still unsure as to how T'Challa figured out that he had powers. Mind control was something that T'Challa mentioned when he approached Druig, casually claiming that it'd be a nice place for y/n to reside because there weren't any new powers for her to mimic.

Y/n was busy stitching up one of the children's dresses when she had been alerted of new people in the settlement. She had been sat cross-legged on one of the benches in the community hall, hunched over and completely focused on fixing the dress. It had been a new skill she'd picked up, and handling such a tiny needle was tougher than she thought.

Druig was sat in the hall with y/n. He kept his distance, sitting on the edge of the little stage at the front of the room. He was only there to keep an eye on her and talk if she wanted to talk. T'Challa had made it pretty clear to him that it wasn't good for y/n to be alone for long periods of time. Silence and lonesomeness were far too destructive for her. It could send her spiralling. Y/n knew that more than anyone, and that was why she didn't mind Druig being there.