Familiar face

Overview: Y/n is on a mission in Egypt, and she manages to run into a familiar face. (This is sort of a second part to 'Bucky with a B'!)

Word count: 996

Warnings: None! 

*****

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Coming through! Shi-"

Y/n and the team were on a mission in Egypt. She wasn't exactly clued up on what was going on, but she wasn't going to admit that to Steve. All she knew was that there were people to chase, and that those people had something on them that they shouldn't. That was it. A typical mission template, but y/n wasn't fussed. She was excited to be visiting Egypt. She was just upset that Peter wasn't able to come along, he would've been marvelling at everything.

Unlike y/n, the team knew what was going on. There were several mercenaries that had stolen vibranium from Wakandan operatives around the globe. The team had decided to help T'Challa and catch the mercenaries before it was sold onto the black market. Simple job, but it meant that the Dora Milaje could have a well-deserved break for once.

Y/n was currently racing through the busy marketplace, fuelled with enough adrenaline and caffeine to make her feel as if she was flying. Her eyes were completely fixed on one of the mercenaries, decided to give him a bit of a headstart before she teleported and knocked him out. She'd learnt that habit from Natasha. Bucky always used to describe it as 'playing with their food', which was true. It was fun to mess around a bit, especially when it annoyed Steve.

The mercenary ran as fast as he possibly could, weaving in and out of stalls in a desperate attempt to lose y/n. He had a black duffel bag full of vibranium, and he was determined not to lose it. Even one of the pieces in there could sell for millions. He couldn't miss out on such a big payday.

As he ran, the mercenary continued to check for y/n, trying to figure out how far away she was. However, she seemed to have disappeared into the crowd. Every single time he turned his head, he couldn't spot her. She was just gone. Completely gone. How? It was practically impossible to lose an Avenger. Especially y/n, she-

Smack.

Y/n had teleported in front of the mercenary, and had landed a pretty smooth spinning kick to his head. It completely knocked him out, sending the man and his bag tumbling to the floor.

*****

Marc was in the same marketplace, and, as soon as he heard that the Avengers were there, he'd tried to escape. Well, Khonshu had told him to escape.

Khonshu wasn't a big fan of the Avengers. He didn't like the fact that they were these 'superheroes' that served no gods. Marc, his Moonknight, had a purpose. He protected the travellers of the night and served justice where justice was due. The Avengers just seemed to run around and cause chaos and destruction. Especially that y/n.

In Khonshu's opinion, she was untrustworthy and impulsive. He'd known about the Mimic bloodline ever since it first begun, and he'd never liked any of them, even when they were just simple farmers in Sweden. They held too much power. Power that a god hadn't bestowed upon them.

They'd already had a run-in with y/n. Her and Bucky had talked to Steven in London. She seemed to think he was nice, and had definitely left a good impression on Steven, but Khonshu wasn't happy. He was never happy. Grumpy old pigeon.

"Marc. Turn around and walk the other way." Khonshu's voice boomed in his head.

Marc frowned in confusion, immediately lifting his head up to look in the direction that Khonshu wanted to avoid. He had been busy looking at stalls and trying to blend into the crowd, but it was also just so Steven could look at everything. He was the one that liked finding new trinkets for their apartment. "Why?" He asked, eyebrows raising at the sight of y/n.

"Oh my days, it's y/n!" Steven exclaimed, talking to Marc through one of the mirrors on the stall. He looked so excited, a happy grin on his face as he watched her talk through her earpiece. He loved the Avengers. God, he talked about his first interaction with y/n for weeks. Literal weeks. "We have to go say hi!"

"Shut up, worm. Marc, walk away."

"Ooh, she's recognised us." Steven interrupted, completely ignoring what Khonshu was saying. He laughed at the excitement on y/n's face, fiddling nervously with his hands. He was shocked that y/n recognised him, but he definitely wasn't going to question it. "Let me take the body, Marc!"

Marc took a sharp breath, extremely conflicted on what to do. On one hand, he wanted to listen to Khonshu and walk away, but Steven seemed so happy. He waved awkwardly at y/n, cursing under his breath as she started walking over with her arms outstretched. "Of course she's a hugger..."

"Don't touch her! She's a mimic!"

"Oh, give us a break, will you?" Steven huffed, rolling his eyes as the God continued to freak out. All he wanted to do was greet y/n. He wanted some cool points by having an Avenger friend. He needed some sort of story to tell his goldfish. "What's she gonna mimic from us, anyway? Mental illness?"

Marc audibly snorted at what Steven said, grinning at him in the mirror. "Okay, that was good." He nodded, trying not to laugh too much and confuse the people around him. Steven was right, there wasn't anything y/n could mimic. All of their powers came from being Khonshu's avatar, nobody could mimic that.

"Steven with a 'v'! Fancy seeing you here!"

Marc continued to laugh as he thought about what Steven said. God, he couldn't get over it. Steven was a dork sometimes, but his wit was amazing. Y/n was only a few steps away now, but he'd already made his decision. "Go on, Steven. You're in."

"Y/n! Hi!" Steven exclaimed, taking the body just in time to pull her into a tight hug.