0:16

God. Family. Love.

He looked at the three words that held so much weight within the family, more than he looked at the surrounding pictures. He had grown up on those words, to see them yet again was a firm reminder of who he was, and who he truly wanted to be. It was a reminder of just how wide the gap was. How much he was lacking.

He'd always grown up in a Christian home, his parents raising him and his sister in faith, and though he had wavered a few times —God Himself was truly the reason why he still had the strength to go on. Cause were it not for Him, he wasn't even sure he would still be breathing.

"Profound words, aren't they?" his father, Isaac walked into the hallway, a neat glass of scotch in his hand. He too looked at four frames hanging on the wall, as Hendrichs created space for both of them to stand next to each other.

"One hundred percent, good evening father," he greeted, his eyes still on the frames. He loved how small his parents had decided to keep the family. Sure there were perks of having a big one, but two kids were affordable and good for him.

"Good to see you son," his father pulled him into a quick hug, where they both gave each other a double pat at the back before parting.

"Good to see you too, Lena is in the kitchen helping ma' with dinner," he explained, before fixing his eyes upon the wall again.

"Good. Would you like a glass?" Hendrichs turned his gaze to meet his father, before a soft chuckle left his mouth.

"I'm driving, thank you for offering," they simultaneously moved from the hallway into the living room. It was draped in whites and greys as his mother had designed, the fireplace filled with fire, and the plasma screen sitting right above it.

The premier league was on; Manchester United playing against Barcelona. The whole house besides Hendrichs repped Man U heavy, but he loved Barcelona and Liverpool. Sometimes his mother would join Liverpool, but by default would end up back in Manchester United because that's where his father's loyalty stood.

"I see Barcelona is in the lead," Hendrichs smirked as he took a seat on one of the plush single couches in the room.

His father laughed, leaning back into his seat as well, "You just wait and see my boys come through and change the narrative,"

"I have a good feeling. Y'all love to look down on Barcelona because of its failures when it comes to facing clubs like FC Bayern, but we've got a strong team now. Especially since the team isn't relying on Messi to bail them out," both gentlemen's eyes were glued on the screen as they watched both teams present their best foot forward.

"C'mon Rashford, let's go!" his father yelled excitedly, he moved forward, sitting on the edge of the couch as Marcus Rashford broke through the defense, dodging every player that came forward, before he shot straight into the goal.