❝ gavin ❞

Edited

Javon's POV:

NICKY HAS BEEN IGNORING ME FOR DAYS. My Nicole, my angel has been avoiding me at all costs, because of a girl that I want nothing to do with. How could I be so stupid? No, how am I so stupid. It's weird, caring so much about someone that you've known for so little, but I can't seem to shake the thought out of my head ─ it feels like I've know her for my entire life, like she was always here, and she will always be here. 

My brain is constantly focused on her, the way her dimples look when she genuinely smiles, those coffee brown eyes staring up at me, her long and luscious hair swaying behind her in the wind, and then those sweet thoughts come to an end replaced by sour ones ─ will I ever see those same pair of dreamy eyes admiring me, is she planning to speak with me? Does her mind linger on the same thoughts?

I couldn't bare sitting in my room anymore, locked up and squished under my blanket at all times, I need to put in the effort for her to even cross the thought of forgiving me.

I woke up a bit later than I usually do today, but as soon as I did, my feet dragged me towards my kitchen. When I went downstairs, I was met with the faces of my siblings, followed by Coco and Gavin, who we're currently sitting on the couch, both focused on a TV program. An internal groan escaped my mouth, why were they here?

"Has anyone heard from Nicole?" I asked, bringing all the attention in the room to me. Coco's eyes brightened as soon as she saw me, but I only sparred a glance in her way to which she scoffed, but I chose to ignore her, scanning the remaining people in the room for answers.

Though all I got was sympathetic looks.

"No, we haven't, I'm sorry J" Jayla answered, looking back at my brother.

I unlocked my phone as fast as possible and immediately checked my contacts-blocked, Instagram-blocked, messages-blocked, Snapchat-blocked. I searched through every social media, all unsurprisingly blocked.

"Can I call her from your phone, Jaden?"

"She blocked me a few days ago too."

Silent. Everyone was silent. That is, until Gavin's phone rang.

I watched as his expression changed from bored to-surprised?  I snatched his phone away from his hand before he could even process my movement, and checked for the name on the screen, Nicky. My Nicky.

I smiled for a split second, the swift curve of my lips quickly disappearing as soon as Gavin pulled his phone back.

He exited the room that was filled with tension so deep you could probably cut through it with a knife.

Another pit moment of silence followed, what could have been seconds or years later, he came back into the room, bringing all the attention of the people in it on him which we're now the three Walton siblings, as Coco had proceeded to leave a couple minutes prior.

"Nicole asked me to hang out discreetly, so that you guys wouldn't know where we are"

"I'm coming with." I replied not even a second later without any hesitation. I was yet to find out where she lived, so I can't currently tell her how sorry I am face-to-face.

"Javon, obviously it's a little too early for her. Let her spend the day with Gavin and then he'll tell us everything." Jaden said. I felt boiling anger rise up in the pit of my stomach, but I reluctantly agreed.

Nicole's POV:

I was anxious about Gavin coming to my place, I mean what if Javon comes with him? I'm not ready to have a conversation with him right now, but I will eventually, atleast I have to, you know, if I want to move on.

I just wanted to stay in his arms forever, but I guess good things never last.

Gavin arrived just about 15 minutes after I texted him. I was sick of staying home, I wanted someone to hang out with, and I may have spent only a short amount of time with him in the past month that I've know the boy, but to me he seems like a great person with good humour and a cheerful personality, and that was what I needed right now.

I heard a knock on my door and knew it was him. I opened the door and greeted him with a half-hearted smile. He copied my actions and started speaking.

"Hey," he greeted enthusiastically "how have you been?"

I zoned out, staring blankly ahead of me and not daring to look him in the eyes. I have been sitting in my room and crying for the past few days, and eating occasionally. That was my routine-sleep, eat, cry, sleep, eat, cry. You get it.

What pushed my thoughts out of my head, was "You don't need to tell me. But today isn't about anyone else, it's about you," he paused "we'll have an amazing day, come on, we have to go, I already have everything planned out." he finished.

I let out a silent chuckle, and that was enough of a sign for him to keep going.

"Now, are you hungry?"

"No" I replied shortly, attempting to tease him with my answer.

"Well, that's too bad," he made a pouting face "so now let's go, we have a long day ahead of us"

We went to a new restaurant that he claimed he had came across on the way, and we got ramen there. We spent quite a while there, we chatted about everything but the Walton's and Coco. We laughed a lot, and he reminded me that he was there for me. He was really nice, which made me like him even more, I know that we'll be good friends.

After we left the restaurant, we went to the mall together, both of us didn't need anything, but wanted to spoil ourselves, so it was clear, that we we're going to be there for some time. I got my nails done, bought a few books from my tbr list, and a pair of expensive matching earrings and necklace. Then, I wanted to buy myself an expensive pair of sunglasses, buy right before I could buy them, Gavin swiped his card, defending himself by saying that he would have forced me to chose a gift for him to buy me anyways and shrugged me off when I wanted to return the favour.

Gavin on the other hand, got two pairs of Air Jordans, which he claimed to be, the 5th and 6th additions to his collection. He also bought a pair of sunglasses to match with mine, turns out we have similar taste in a few clothing categories. He got 5 different hats, for some reason, and a silver ring with tiny diamonds engraved in it.

When we exited the mall, Gavin told me that he had to blindfold me to take me somewhere. I was reluctant, but I eventually gave in. The car ride was about 20 minutes, I was really sceptical and already started to regret agreeing, but he told me there's nothing to worry about. When we arrived, he took off my blindfolds and I saw..

-----------------

A/N: Hello loves, I was reluctant on posting this chapter because I didn't want to leave you guys on a cliff hanger, but I promise the next one is coming soon.

bye loves,
   A <3