Chapter 1: expectations

Hello everyone, so finally I am back with a new concept but for this guys I really need your help, your opinion really matter to me. Your comments will help me I shaping this story more beautifully pleasseeee comment you thoughts guys. 1st chapter is available in all my books from next it will be uploaded as a new book.

Italics: Dairy of abhimanyu
Italics and bold: thoughts of Ruhi.
Any confusion please ask.
So without any delay let's start with the 1st chapter of my new story.

8th November
Life is very simple we complicate it or rather say heart complicates it. But is it really that simple? Is it really simple to make relationships work? Is it really simple to make a relation and then let it go? Is it really simple to understand someone? Adjust with that someone? Is it really simple to LOVE someone and then (un-love)them?

Ruhi always says love is a simple feeling I complicate it, I overthink, I misunderstand, I get everything wrong and get angry. Is it really so? Am I overthinking even now?

"Khushiiiii KHUSHIIII....."
No sooner khushi hears this rant she closes the diary she was reading.

She rushes the dairy inside the drawer beside her bed and gets up. As soon as she stood up she hears her best friend standing with an exited face.

"Khushhhh I am so so happy for you, you won that dance competition held last week" he picks her up and twirls her around.

"Vikrammmmmm..... put me down
.. now." She shouts.

"Ohkay dear as you say my love." He said making her stand over her feet.

"I already know you idiot" she said adjusting her dress.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked to which she gave a look saying I already did you don't remember.

"Ohky sorry, but party?" He said all excited," I don't know anything you have to give me this party."

"Ohky tonight at the same place, same restaurant" khushi replied.

Vikram was all ready wearing a nice white shirt and blue pants looking extraordinarily handsome. While khushi was wearing a simple kurti with no make up, hairs tied in knot looking simple yet elegant. Vikram loved getting ready and looking handsome at all times of the day thought he was not very proud of his looks but he was really extraordinarily handsome while khushi though looked like any other girl  she never wore those pretty dresses, did make up or was never conscious about how she looks. Both very quiet different.

"Vikiiiii... order something pleasee I am hungry" khushi said with pouted face.

"I'll eat anything you like." Vikram replied sweetly looking in his mobile phone.

He always did this whenever they were out for any meal. And being best friends they going out for food was like every hour job.

She angrily takes the menu and orders on behalf of both.

"You know Vikiii...." Khushi starts talking to which Vikram just hummed at every word she said while still scrolling feeds on his phone.

Again this was nothing new... this was a daily scene.
Khushi after a while gets angry and gets up for leaving  and vikram seeing this tries to stop her.

"What happened khushhh? Where are you going?"  He asked holding his hands.

"Like seriously, you always do this, and you are asking me in return that what happened to me?" She tries to say politely not wanting to creat any scene.

"What did I do?" He asked signalling her to sit down to which she obeys.

" I was talking something serious to you and you are not even ready to hear me out, you were busy with your mobile." Khushi replied in anger.

"You think that I didn't hear you bit that's not right? I heard every single word you said..." he sighs and repeats everything for her.
" you said that your that so called friend Tanya how said sorry for her deed and you are confused if you should forgive her or not. Am I right?" He said and she nods lightly.

Vikram I know you hear me but you never give importance to the things that are important to me for you she is my so  called friend but for me she was really nice friend of my. I always hear you kneely to whatever problems you share. I give you honest opinions of what I feel but you...

Khushiiiii....what are you thinking?" Vikrammmmmm shakes Khushi making her come out of her thoughts

Khushi nods in nothing," so what you think I should do?" She asks to which he shrugs his shoulder.

"She is your friend what should I say? What can I help you in this? You unnecessarily overthink and complicate things khushi they are simple. Don't do this" he says while eating the food that arrived while khushi was engrossed in her thoughts.

Hearing him she again zones out to the words of the dairy she was reading in morning. This makes her question herself Is she really wrong? Was her brother in law Abhi wrong? And her sister Ruhi right? Is she overthinking? Is she really expecting or this is the basic necessity of this friendship of their's to work, hers and vikrams.

I know di(*sister)and juju(*brother in law)are husband and wife while I  and viki are just friends still I am comparing things in between them and us but this is because I thing these are some basic things in relation that everybody in all relations go through and if relation is really, feelings for the other person in real that it never matters what relationship you share only the thing that matters is love....I am doing this just because I don't want to feel used anymore, I don't want this anymore.

She opens the diary again while sitting on the bed and continues to read.

Ruhi you saw that I was angry with you but you didn't see the reason behind it. You didn't see you mistake. I know according to you, you didn't do any mistake and I am not saying you are wrong you may be right but for me you did a mistake.

I was telling you about the happiest moment of my life, how my dad appreciated me for my first success and how I will do the same for our kids
..
But you just  started making you so called PPT on your laptop and when I got angry you replied me saying," I heard you and I know but my presentation was important too n.."

You always do this Ruhi, you never make me feel that you are interested in  what I am saying, I always feel that I blabber unnecessarily, even I have work, even I have to make important presentations but when you come to me for something I don't make you feel ignorant, well may be I am wrong, because I know everyone is not same and I can't expect you to do same for me as I do for you but is this expectation or just a human need, human tendency of attention, and of so am I expecting too much? Are my expectations wrong? Should I stop expecting  if yes, I'll try to change myself because what I need is just you no matter what because I love you to the moon and back.

She finally closed the dairy and drifts in deep slumber after completing the one page.