CH.8

Patchpaw sighed. Why was he here if he was not allowed to talk to anyone, none of it made sense. Mortuus seemed different from Sunclan, a bit like how he saw Fidelis but less hurt. Why would they meet in secret like that? The only reason could be that their leaders were anything but friends. And with the warnings, or rather signs he suspected Sunclan's leader isn't as friendly as it seemed.

"sunclan's royalty is going down" Ducis said nodding politely, her voice filled with determination as she spoke. Her light making room for something colder, yet warm at the same time.

Mortuus smiled "but why did you bring the Fidelis imposter, they seem clueless as heck. He is as young as to where he has seen little death and harm. How would a kit understand?" she questioned, staring into Patchpaw's eyes.

"I- I'm not a kit, and I know my right from wrong" Patchpaw spat, hating the rudeness in the question, no way he was staying silent "you're the outsider here, you're different from sunclan and you seem loyal to something else then sunclan. As far as i'm concerned sunclan are the good cats, well most of them at least"

"While you are not a kit, you are still clueless, and not knowing how to control your gift. Did you sense anything else, something about us and the differences between other cats" Veritas asked, sounding worried.

Patchpaw got a puzzled look on his face and was not sure about these differences. He had seen some sort of light things around others but only black and white, warm and cold. Could he do something with that? Mortuus had the same color as Veritas and Ducis. Was that what they meant, were they overthrowing Sunclan. Or was that better for everyone. "You are all loyal to each other" he whispered.

"Look who has a brain you slimy-bug of a furball" Mortuus spat.

"Mortuus behave, he has some valuable information" Ducis growled as her tail lashed around violently.

"Hey Mortuus, for your information where I'm from you would fit best into Shadowclan, you know the clan of bullies and stupid mousebrain. You know the clan with the rudest cats, where Sunclan and all this is unheard of yet here I am. So shut up" Patchpaw said, now getting annoyed as well

"how cute he has an attitude" Mortuus teased.

Patchpaw narrowed his eyes and softly growled "I just don't like to be disrespected by a cat like you". Patchpaw was getting angry at this she cat, annoyed at Veritas and Ducis for allowing this. If need he would not hesitate to teach this stupid cat a lesson. Although the underground would make it difficult. Was he really supposed to let this she cat get away with disrespect?

"Enough" Ducis yelled "both of you, Mortuus be nice and Patchpaw we are here to tell you more about the truth of this whole situation. Sunclan itself is not evil but our Leaders are. So if you don't want to get killed shut it"

"So that is why some sunclan cats seemed scared and some seemed scary?" Patchpaw asked, confused.

"Yes and us protectors are in danger, you or rather Fidelis is lucky for being this close to the leaders, as Fidelis is the frater of our leader. Otherwise he would have been in much more danger" Veritas explained. Patchpaw could easily see how worried for her friends she was, for her family.

"She already made me scar faced that leader of yours," Mortuus said, looking away and showing her face.

"So by me saying you don't exist where i'm from means you succeed in overthrowing them" Patchpaw asked, getting confused, does that mean he was time traveling or something? Those were only kits tales given by skyclan's daylight warriors.

"It means everyone we care about will be saved" Ducis said as all three of them gave each other eye signals Patchpaw did not understand.

At that point patchpaws head began to feel different, his eyesight became blurry, and his ears started ringing. He saw the worried faces of Mortuus, Veritas and Ducis. He felt as if he was falling into a hole, the same hole as before where once again he saw many cats of all ages, genders and looks he had never seen before. He hated holes. That was for sure, yet this time the falling took much longer until he fell to the ground falling into a small puddle he recognized. The moonpool, yet more colorful and alive, different then the one he had visited only a moon ago. He stood there as if he was a small kitten again. The moonpool was more beautiful than ever before and 5 lights in front of him, the brightest light and warmth he had ever experienced. A light he knew he could be loyal to.