Chapter 157: Fatal Request

Demitris looked at the blue haired man with tears of relief. "Rou! I can't believe you came to save me!", he enthused. Rou understood immediately what was going on, "Demitris, did they take you here?", he asked in disgust. "Yes Rou, yes they did...", the auburn haired man replied, just wanting to to be freed. "Kiara, is this the favour you were asking of me, just to see him in pain?!", exclaimed Rou. Demitris was very surprised and somewhat disappointed that Rou was here to do a favour for Kiara, "Rou, whatever she wants, it's not worth it. They're clearly here to destroy this place!", he expressed.

"I'm sorry Demitris, but what choice do we have?", the blue haired man replied, hoping to enlighten Demitris and soothe his hatred. Demitris still looked up at Rou in confusion, "You had so much faith in the syndicate, why now do you focus on yourself?", he asked. "Because like this task, I have no choice...", answered Rou. "You are correct indeed young man", interrupted Kiara. "Don't you want to know what favour I'd like to ask?", she questioned.

"Yes, yes I do," Rou answered. "What would you be willing to do Kiara?", he asked the beautiful elf. Kiara thought long and hard for a moment before replying, "Rou, I'd like you to put this boy out of his misery.", she chuckled. "What?!", asked Rou, "This is murder! A betrayal", he protested. Demitris froze up, and the light around him grew brighter. He was a nervous wreck, the last thing he wanted to do was for Rou to perform a deed like this. why. Even so, he was at a loss of words to express his feelings.

"If you don't kill Demitris, I'm sure Lin will finish him off. You don't want him to die without dignity, do you?", taunted Kiara. "You-I...I...," stammered Rou, but Kiara was already opened her mouth. The annunciation of his brother's name was beginning to fill the room, but finally Rou gave in. "I'll do it!", he shouted in desperate haste. Demitris couldn't help but cry in resistance, shaking at his restraints like a madman in a freak show. "Rou, think of what you're taking away, think of what you really mean to me!".

Kiara handed Rou a knife, "Enact as much pain as you think he deserves...", Kiara remarked. "I don't need a knife, I can handle this myself...", Rou replied darkly. With his left hand, he created a sharp icicle, "You're really not going to do this, are you Rou?", quivered Demitris. "That's for me to know and you to find out...", Rou vaguely responded. His body language was unreadable, no one but him could tell if Demitris was going to die. He lifted the icicle and edged it toward Demitris's neck.

Suddenly, Lin burst through the door, "What is this heinous act?!", he projected. Lin made his way toward Rou, punching him against the back wall, his icicle falling out of his hand. "Stealing my fun, are we brother? We both know you're not cut out for homicide...", he remarked. "I'm not backing down this time, Lin...", grunted Rou. The blue haired man's hands pressed firmly on his brother's chest, "You're unforgivable, at first I thought the one with the frozen heart was me, when it's always been you!".

Rou sent enough freezing cold energy into Lin's chest to stun him as he made his escape. "Demitris, I'll come back for you...I promise!", Rou announced and he began to make a hasty exit. "Kiara...why aren't you doing anything?!", uttered Lin, still clutching his chest. Kiara glanced at her partner, and then at Demitris, who was still tied to the back of the room. "I don't even think I should listen to you anymore, your actions have gone too far. The cheating, the destruction, and now killing a man who has never wronged you?! It's all too much!", she declared.

"Kiara...I'll change...we can...we can...", Lin begged with all his energy, but Kiara still remained strong, "Demitris, who is tied up, battered and bruised is a better lover than you against his will than you ever were!", she added confidently. Grabbing the knife that Rou refused earlier, she sliced Demitris's restraints. "Go, it's clear Rou and I value you far more than Lin.", she said to her hostage. The auburn haired man got up. "I respect your bravery Kiara, I'll go after Rou, you may not be aware of his situation, but I can tell you that ice attack took a lot out of him.", Demitris explained.

As he started to follow his love, Lin grabbed his leg, "No! Don't make him more delusional!", the red haired man shouted. Demitris quickly shook him off, "You're bigoted as hell, Rou and Kiara are right, the delusional one is you.", he commented. Kiara waved him off, "I love you Demitris!", she cheered. Demitris chuckled, "Thanks for the flattery, but I'm into guys.", he remarked. Demitris ran off into the distance, hoping he'd meet love at the end of the path.