Chapter 170: Verdict Of Fire And Ice

Back on the balcony, Rou's cold fury continued, relentlessly aiming every ice attack in his roster at Lin. As Rou charged a lethal looking blow, Lin's rage grew. "You think you can take me?", he roared as the flurry of ice attacks intensified. "You can't even melt my ice you're so pissed off!" Rou taunted. Lin had met his gaze with a chilling glare, "You're still such a child, Rou. You'd never even think that I've gone through just as much emotional pain as you, I've spent years trying to warn you, but you never listened!", he exclaimed.

"Well, if you say you're in pain, why didn't you prevent mine!", Rou shouted back as he summoned another series of ice attacks. "Why did you leave your only family?", asked Lin with a brief hint of a childish smile, "You just want to leave me, just like our mother did...", Lin explained. Rou's smirk broke into a cold, lifeless stare, "You're callous, unhealthily vain!", he said coldly. Lin refused to respond, laughing when while firing seething flames at his brother, "It's what I needed to do to stay strong!", he remarked in a booming register.

"I'll never forgive you Lin! You don't deserve to be my brother! ", screamed a maniacal Rou. "You tricked my heart, my mind, even my will!" He rushed at his brother, but Lin was ready. "You'll never understand my conviction, and for that you will pay!". The men began charging at each other with not remorse , Rou dodging fireballs with unnatural ease and hair-trigger accuracy, and Lin trouncing glaciers and melting every frozen object in sight.

"Go to hell, you bastard!", screamed the enraged redhead. The two men continued to duel for what seemed like eternity, both of them intent on one thing, destroying each other. "Huh! Giving up your love for vengeance! Sound familiar to you?", Lin teased while dousing Rou in a wave of fire. Rou countered with a small yet compact ice wall, blocking Lin's trejectory, "I live for Demitris, and I'd die for him too! You will not take that away from me!", Rou declared. "I guess there's only one option then!", replied Lin murderously, gathering up every ember in his body.

"I don't think so!", Rou roared in an overwhelming fury. The ground beneath his feet began to quake, and the only thing that kept him from falling to serious danger, kept Rou firmly on his feet was the eerie ice. Lin could barely hold on due to the vigourous shaking. "Rou, what is this?!", Lin squealed. "Freezing from where you'll never expect. Suddenly, sharp, crystalline ice began to erupt from the balcony floor, knocking Lin to the ground. "Wow, you're really planning on destroying your home to slaughter me...", the older brother responded.

The quaking oscillated throughout the ground and first floors of the mansion, so much so that it could be heard on the west wing corridor of the building, where Fleur and her allies resided. "Fleur, is there a massive earthquake?", asked Craaq, shivering. Fleur readied her answer, but Demitris interrupted her. "I know what this is, it's coming from Rou's battle. If I've correctly identified this move, then we could be in big trouble...", he muttered. "What is it, Demitris?", questioned Fleur.
Demitris sighed, "He's freezing the balcony floor from the inside, but he won't let me defend him...", he stated in distress.

A few doors down, Edward and Vox could also hear the shaking. "Never in my life have I felt the mansion shake like this...", reflected Edward. Vox wrapped his arms around the boss, "Don't worry my love, I'll have it all under control.", he responded, planting a small kiss on the pale man's lips. "If it's serious, I really should-", Vox shushed his partner. Just relax, drink your tea, this is a consigliere's matter.", insisted Vox, heading for the door. Edward thought to himself, "Am I too dependent on him?".

At the balcony, Rou and Lin were back at full force, preparing themselves for the final blow. "This is the last I will see of you, Rou Okumura!", Lin announced, his hands burst into a corkscrew of flames , "I hope you know what you've done!". Rou scoffed, "I don't think so, the shit is going to hit the fan!". The blue haired proceeded to unleash a barrage of icicles, when an unexpected visitor arrived. "My my, seems I'm stopping all collisions today...", they remarked.

Coming up the flaming stairs was Vox, dissipated every sign of combustion with the flick of a finger. "Lin, I expected better from you, you don't want to be damaging mansion property...", he commented. "B-but Sir...it w-wasn't me...", replied Lin, highly offended. "It was me...", Rou stated bluntly. Vox was beaming with curiosity, "I see, so the blue man's list all care...", he inferred. "No, that's not at all the case!", objected Rou. "No no, I know what you need.", insisted Vox.

He conjured a neck brace and forced it on Rou, "I shall deal with your brother, this will deal with you...", Vox explained. Rou desperately tried to pull it off, "What's this for?!", he painfully asked. "To ensure nothing you do gets in my way again...", replied the green fae. He dragged Lin away, leaving Rou alone with his new accessory. "Demitris...I need Demitris...", he begged in his mind. The need for relief began all the more  potent again.