Chapter 185: Fight For You

Atop the window, Aster saw his fate. His hands shook uncontrollably as he tried to stop the inevitable, holding Fleur's hand in attempt to shield her as best he can. As Vox climbed through the broken window frame, he stood before everyone, towering over them all and sending chills down everyone's spines. "Well, if it isn't the mere mortals of the Okumura Syndicate, come for a free ride?", he asked with an arrogant tone. Aster grit his teeth and glared, "You don't deserve to stand above us!", he asserted. Vox chuckled, "Oh please, the truth's out now, I have no excuse to hide my power!".

"There's nothing we can do...", muttered Rou, just about ready to give up. Demitris wasn't having any of this he took two steps forward and give Vox the fire in his eyes, signalling at the large man behind him, "No matter what, I will fight for this man with my life. There is no turning back, we fight together or nothing else!". Demitris turned to Rou, as he took him in his arms. The two men shared a kiss that defied all logic in a potential battlefield, but it was just what Rou needed.

"How cute...", Vox remarked from above. Demitris continued, "Face it Vox, we have something you don't, we can feel real, genuine love. You have no power over us!". Without warning, the fae stepped up to the window ledge, teetering at the level of plummeting. The crowd gasped audibly as Vox's shadowed figure hung dangerously low over their heads. He stared directly at them, causing a cold shiver to run down Aster's spine. "Now that's where you're mistaken", he spoke, voice dark and threatening. Just as he was about to fall off, he instead stood midair in the empty sky.

"See, this is where you should listen. There are forces beyond your comprehension, powers beyond belief. They're uncontrollable, daresay, destructive. But you see, I'm different. I know exactly what to do and who to trust. I know how to use this magic. For I, my lovely audience, am a higher being knighted by the gods!", he declared so boldly it sounded like boasting. However, his speech paled in comparison to one girl's spirit, as the fae used the sky as his divine staircase, Fleur approached him with vigour.

"How dare you?! You're doing nothing to earn such status! Knighted by the gods?! Your lies don't make any sense!", she snapped at him. "My dear, my dear. This isn't your concern. It isn't even a lie, yet you and this pathetic mortal still refuse to believe the truth..." he pointed at Aster. "We don't care about you or about your beliefs!", stated Aster, "We'll take what we want and no one is going to stop us! Not even you!", he announced with the full desire to trounce a man. "You're all weaklings, you lie, cheat, and beg! I'll prove to you all that I am none of those things!".

"And why should we believe you when you yourself claim you don't know anything!", shouted Sulena, glaring furiously at Vox, "Don't expect us to blindly follow your orders, you're not the leader, you're nothing more than a selfish demon!", added Viper. To Fleur's joy, everyone was fighting back, they weren't surrendering to him at all. "Are you saying I cannot do what I set out to do?", questioned Vox incredulously, "Are you denying my right to my power?".

Vox's hands formed a cloud of pure rage and he encircled it around the retailating group. One by one, small clouds broke off from the main display, surrounding each rebel in a shroud of darkness. Craaq felt as if the darkness was choking him, no matter how hard he tried to fight. Viper's anger only as the spell consumed her, and her own spells on made it worse. Shiva's teleportation only got it so far, as his cloud was so fast, it could even keep up with him. Sulena tried to shield herself with her own webs, but the hazy air only stuck to them, and she gave in. No one could possibly fight it, or so Vox thought.

"Everyone get out of there!", ordered Fleur, using all the strength she could muster to break apart from Vox's evil spell. Aster followed suit, using his only bringing out two daggers as he sliced into the cloud of blackness. Rou froze the gas around him as it cracked on the floor around him. Concurrently, Demitris overwhelmed the cloud with his destruction, causing it to implode. Suddenly, a large gust of wind appeared, throwing all four of them against the wall. They hit the floor hard, both coughing violently as they attempted to regain their senses. Looking up, Fleur was met with the sight of several black clouds floating into the air.

"The others, what are we going to do?", asked Aster to the uneasy elf girl. She got up, placing her hand against where his arm used to be, "They're strong enough to fend for themselves, Aster, I believe in every single one of them." Rou and Demitris woke up, helping each other to their feet, "Wherever they may be, we need to stabilise the situation here...", Rou announced. "But how do we do that with just the four of us?", questioned Demitris. "Trust me, there will be a way.", Aster responded.

With no fear, the soldier stepped up to the plate, his three allies concerned for his safety, "This is not how it ends! Immunity to everything just doesn't exist! I was once unworthy, but now I know I can prove anything, and my first priority is proving you wrong!", he declared. Fleur couldn't be happier, for once, someone knew her goals and was willing to fight with her to make them a reality. "You took everything, Vox; my home, Sir Edward, my status! But even if you claim to be a vaporising God, all powerful to the sky and sea, you'll never take my spirit!". The evening finally set in, Vox smiled at the four remaining fighters in a menacing euphoria, the final hours of the game had begun.