Chapter 18 : House Fire

'Days maybe cold sometimes, but nights go even more colder...' Just Imagine, going to fight a trauma you have already gone through. Just imagine pains and sorrows hitting you like a brick wall. Scary right? But what if sometimes you feel like all this may just be created by yourself? What if all the dangers you have gone to, all that can be cleaned up? It's all just in you head!? Wouldn't that be an amazement? But if you loose all that you have gone through one day... Wouldn't that be odd? Like it never happens? Maybe. . .

AGENT R 07'S POV:

"What?!" I ask while I spring up of my seat.

"Seven, you have to be here as soon as possible, I have a feeling that you are needed here!"  States Layla.

"Where is it?!" I hurriedly ask while I go to grab keys and a few weapons.

"My neighborhood!" She yells through the phone, her voice looked a little too uneasy, like as if someone she knew was in danger.

"I'm on my way!" I yell while I take a helmet and sprint towards the door, while I pull my leather jacket from the clothes rack and get out. I quickly put on the helmet and it's shade while I go towards the bike. Sitting on the bike, I start it and race towards her house, which was forty-five minutes away. But since I was on 160mph, I would be there in minutes.

Cutting away many officers, I finally see smoke in the air--about five yards away. I quickly reach there while I slower my speed and jump out of the bike. Sprinting towards a Brunette--who I was sure was Layla. I touch her shoulder and her hazel eyes were bloodshot, while tears fell off her red cheeks.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask sensing the amount of scare in her, the scare that only a loved one would have for another. There surely was no family member in there, so who?

"I-I-I-- Zander is in there for the past ten minutes!" She finally lets out. My body goes cold for a quick second.

"Where is he?!" I yell at her, while she stood there like a statue.

"Somewhere--on the ground floor!"  I give a last glance towards her before I go towards the house--which was burning to ashes.

Many things come and go, few things stay and few leave... But what if Sometimes it is you who has to make it stay? What if you thought that it must be because of fate, when sometimes the real reason is you and not fate? They say hero's save the entire world, but their loved ones, while even though I'm supposed to be the hero here, I'm better of as the villainess--who saves their close ones before the entire world. It's better to have the mind of a villain more than the hero. . .

Running through the burning wood planks and glass orniments, getting a few cuts and burns, I had already searched the entire ground floor, but there wasn't a sign of Zander. Thinking about leaving it and going to the second floor--incase he is up there... I suddenly spot a green jacket with a silver locket sticking out, from under a heavy plank. And it suddenly hits me.

FLASHBACK:

"Seven, seven, seven!" Layla yells while she pounced on a working seven.

"Bruh, are you an animal?" Seven asked with a groan.

"Look at this! Isn't it so cute~?!" States Layla. Seven looked at her in disgust.

"Why are you all bubbly?" Asked seven and Layla states.

"This is for my baby Zander~" she states in awe--seven almost vomited.

"Please keep that puppy love away from me, that is disgusting!" She said while she moved away from from the bed making Layla fall on it, but still look dazed while she stared at a beautiful silver locket.