0:17

She mindlessly looked at the two pictures before her, pictures she'd taken in the elevator in her building a few minutes ago

She mindlessly looked at the two pictures before her, pictures she'd taken in the elevator in her building a few minutes ago. One of them would make it onto her Instagram page, and at this moment she didn't know which one.

The more she looked at them, the more she started to dislike them, and pick at the flaws her eyes were now deciding to spot.

She sighed, glancing at the apple watch that wrapped around her wrist. The time sat at eight thirty; the night slowly hovering over the city. She had not pitched up for work during the day, hence she was going in to do her hours now.

She knew everyone would be back at home, and she was glad because she wanted to work alone and not have any conversation with anyone. She just wanted to be in her own world as she fixed a car, just like her dad taught her to.

She entered through the small gate, since the big gate was shut closed. Making sure to close it behind her, she closed her eyes, taking in another breath as she tried to calm her nerves.

The encounter with David really caught her off guard, and had turned her mind into pure scattered mess. And though she'd managed to play pretend with Annalise last night, loosely telling her that he was an ex, she was rattled beyond measure.

As Annalise left her place, memories of before flashed within her mind. The sour taste left behind, slowly resurfaced in her mouth. She felt sick, she felt dirty, and ashamed as she thought of her past life, and the near encounter with death she had back then.

There was a reason she didn't repeat cities, yet she'd decided to be hard headed, or rather the universe decided to play a sick joke on her and bring her right back.

She knew she would not be able to do her very best at work today since she felt so disoriented. To her, that seemed like the best move to make. She honestly hoped to God Hendrichs wouldn't make such a big fuss about it, because she really wasn't in the right mindset to tolerate him.

As she neared the entrance, she could hear loud music, rapping, the man sounded like Eminem but it wasn't him. She shut her eyes yet again, trying to prepare her mind since it was clear as day that she had company.

She used her tag to enter the shop, closing the door behind her. She attempted to make a beeline for the locker room but the music lowered, and she heard him call her name. She cussed underneath her breath, before pausing in action.

She turned around so she could face him, Hendrichs Hayes in the flesh. He had an olive green cap on his head, covering somewhat of his face. Besides that, the white wife beater he had on held onto him for dear life, so did his camouflage pants.

"Hendrichs," she said, followed by a single nod. He moved a couple of steps forward from his position, leaving ample space between them, but they stood within each other's sight.

"You missed work today," he said, tone monotonous as usual. She couldn't tell if he was upset, or just fine -and instead of relief, she felt uneasy.

She let out a short sigh, her eyes momentarily closing before she locked eyes with him yet again.