Chapter 56

Y/N POV

"As a warm up, you will be running 10 laps." The coach told us. "But not just simple like you would alone or something like that, no. You will be running as one team. Nobodys running infront of the rest and nobodys running behind. Find a way that everyone can run the amount of laps in one common tempo."

Well, warming up just turned into an even bigger challenge than i though it would be. But it is understandable.

"I suggest, that the fastes and with the most stamina run further to the side and the less faster and with less stamina run further in the middle." I said.

Everyone agreed, so we got together and started getting into positions which we believed were most fitting for each one of us. Then we started our laps, first quite slow, but after our coach yelled at us not not walk because we ain't on a stroll, we increased the speed but only so much, that everyone was still able to keep it.

But after the 8th round, Kagami started falling back. She was running further to the middle since the start but i guess, she hasn't got that good stamina.

At frist, she was just at the end of the group, but she continued falling further behind, so i let myself drop behind aswell.

"Hey Kagami, you can do it. Only a little further." I said trying to encourage her. Just so you know, we all agreed to call us by our first names. It was easier for us.

"I can't anymore." Kagami said panting.

"Yes, you can. You need to fight. You need to jump over your selfset bondaries in order to grow stronger. But you can do it. I believe that you can do it. So come on. Fight!" I told her while continuing to run next to her.

I saw her gritting her teeth as she pushed herself further. And we managed to catch up to the rest in a really short time and finished the warm up. I needed to encourage Kagami here and there again, but Sai also helped me with it, so we got together as one team over the finish line.

"Okay, very well. Now drink a little and start stretching together." the coach told us. 

By now one male and two other female have arrived in the Gym and were helping the coach setting up the exercise.

I quickly drank a little and then we all gathered in a big circle and started stretching. We stretched until every muscle was warmed up. For that, we all threw together our knowledge and even i got to know some new stretching techniques which most likely will prevent some pain that i usually feel.

When we were done, the coach called us over to her, so we went over to her, where she told us about our first exercise.

"So at first, i want to see who good you are in the position you play outside of your team. So i want you to split up in two courts. Each court with one setter and one libera. The libera will be on the other side of the court than the setter and hitter. I want five hitters in each court, so spilt up." She told us to which we responded with a "Yes coach."

The libera in the court in which i was standing was Sai and the hitter Sanae, Risa, Naromi, Kagami and Nao. The would also start hitting in that order.

Furthermore, the coach explained that the hitter will switch courts after every hit. She also told us about the sequence of the exercise.

The setter start with throwing the ball to the hitter, who receives it and plays it back to the setter. They the set the ball for the attacker and the hit it into the other side of the court while the libera tries to prevent that from happening.

The ball trolly way standing pretty much in the middle of the court, so i could easily reach it but it wasn't in my way to much. The hitter would start near the outline of the court, but still in it.

So we started the exercise. 

I grabbed the first ball and threw it in the air and in a curve line to Sanae. She received it with ease and got the ball back to me. I set for her in second tempo. It was a quite normal set because i needed to find out how high they can jump and stuff like that.

Sanae hit the ball and it landed in the court not being able to be received by Sai because it had to much spin and speed.

"Nice one." I said to Sanae but also to Sai, who was a little angry because she only nearly missed the ball "It's fine. You tried to receive it and keep it in the air and that is all that matters."

With that, we continued the exercise. 

Until i had set to every hitter once, i most of the time made from the main idea the same serve, but it was for the hitter the easiest to hit and for me the easiest to be analized.

Now, for a second time, Sanae was waiting for me to throw he ball for her to receive.

Last time she hit the ball, i believe that she youl have jumped a lot higher with ease but also that the ball needs to be as calm in the air as possible, because that is the easiest way for her to hit it and get a lot of spin and speed on it, which makes it nearly impossible to receive.

So that is what i did.

After the ball was sent flying back to me by Sanae, i set for her another time in second tempo, but this time higher than before and the ball had nearly no spin to it and was completly calm in the air.

Sanae hit it with ease again and brought even more spin and speed to it than in the last one, but Sai still tried to receive it, even though she failed again.

"Wow, Sanae, i never knew you could hit so good spikes. And i am you twin." Sai said, seemingly impressed.

"Yeah, me neither. But the ball was so easy to hit and i was able to bring spin and speed onto it as well as hit is percisely. So thank you for such a good set, Y/N." Sanae said.

"Well, thank you, but it does is my job." I said laughing while turning my head back to get a new ball and start a new attack with a new hitter.

I tried to shape the sets as good as i could onto the peoples stregths and weaknesses and it wroked quite well.

Little did i know that my coach was watching me very sharply.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey!

Another chapter. I don't know, i just got so many ideas and motivation lately, so i write a lot more than before.

Well, i hope you enjoyed the chapter. It was a lot of work because after about half of the chapter, Wattpad didn't save it so i had to nearly completly restart. But i hope you enjoyed reading it.

I also wanted to thank you all for now over 19 k Reads, which is literally amazing. Thank you all so, so much.

I hope you have a nice Day/Night!

Your A/N