Chapter 58

Y/N POV

We did more specifiy training on diffrent ways to attack but also just serving and receiving. Just pretty much everything.

But then we were supposed to do a match. The coach split us in two teams and we went on the opposite sides of each other.

On my team were

Setter: Y/N Kageyama

Libera: Sai Iwasaki

Wing spiker: Maiko Tamura, Nao Kawaguchi, Kagami Nomura

Middle blocker: Sanae Iwasaki, Isami Matsuo

Pinch server: Kagami Nomura

(A/N: Kagami is on there twice because she is mostly in a normal game put in as a pinch server, but she is actually a wing spiker, in which position she will also play in these training matches against the other half of the team. The same goes for the other oinch server Mitsu Yano just her regular position is middle blocker. Just if it confused anyone.)

We got together to make a line up and we have decided on

Front row (from left to right): Sanae, Y/N, Kagami 

Back row (from left to right): Nao, Sia, Maiko

Outside and switched in for the libera: Isami

And we started the game.

It was amazing because i got so much new information about each single player, also on the opposite team, and we were able to play together quite well. Even though, there were still some mistakes, of course, but everytime we stood back up and promised to do better next time.

So when a set came a little to high for the player to hit it really good, i promised to do it better next time. But that never worked on Sanae. She was determinded to jump higher, so she told me to continue setting the ball a little higher. I did but she could never quite reach it or just really barely.

So when that first set was over and we had won 25: 18, i pulled Sanae aside.

"So you want to jump higher than now, don't you?" I asked her.

"Yes! I have the feeling that i can reach it but then i can't. It is so frustrating." She explained. It was clearly visible in her face and words that she was frustrated with that facted. And i can only understand her.

"I understand. I had a similar problem once. But the trick is this: You are always running and jumping in one smooth motion. That's good, but when you before you jump turn the momentum of the running into energie jump higher, you can get higher. Can you understand that?" I told her. I know i ain't the best in explaining, but i really tryed my best.

But Sanae understood. I guess we both have quite a similar brain from what i was able to pick up.

So when we went back on the court and were already a few points in the lead, i asked Sanae "Wanna try it?"

She nodded determinded. She really wanted to get this to work.

So after we served and the opponent team received and made an attack, Sai received it to me. She was really good at that, what she did.

I gave Sanae a sign that the ball would go to her, called for Nao so she could be a decoy and then set in second tempo to Sanae.

She was completly focused on her running and the following jump. But she managed to turn that momentum right in the exact moment and she jumped up while making something like a 'PENG' or 'BOOM' sound.

And she jumped so high, that even the ball i set for her, was a little to low, but she still managed to get it over the net and make another point for us.

When she was done on the ground again, she celebrated. 

"Whohooo. I really did it. I really did. Thank you so much, Y/N. With that she came running towards me and pushed me to the ground while hugging me, so we were both laying on the ground laughing. I congratulated her for managing that jump but she just said, that she would have never been able to do that without my help.

Sai was compeltly shocked by the jump of her sister, the second time today, but was also happy for her sister.

We continued playing this typ of match until training was over.

The coach showed us then to the dorms in which we will be sleeping. Each one of us had their own and they would stay like that until we wouldn't train in this building anymore, which is quite far away, so we could leave stuff here, if we needed to.

She also told us that we would have training over saturday ans sunday every second weekend.

My dorm was two floors over the one with the cafeteria. On each floor were always 8 rooms and 4 bathrooms so always two people shared a bathroom. Next to me were Sanae and Kagami. I was sharing my bathroom with Sanae.

We both went inside and set down our bags. It was by now 09:15 pm and at 09 pm we ended training. We all were supposed to take a quick shower and then go down for dinner. 

I told Sanae that she could shower first and she gladly accepted. I was in despret need of fresh air to calm down.

So i went inside the cafeteria, where the coachs were already eating dinner at the table on which we would all have space. When Iwasaki, our main coach, saw me, she came over to me because i was still standing at the side of the cafeteria near the staircase. 

"You need to calm down, don't you?" She asked me, which made me a little emberassed, but i answered with "Yeah.."

She got out her keychain and took the key to the rooftop off of it. 

"I haven't got time to duplicat it, so here you go. Don't lose and just give it back to me when you come here for dinner. And don't fall off." She said.

"I won't." I promised while chuckeling a little at it before saying "thanks."

The coach laid the key in my hand and i hold it thightly.

"No problem." She said before returning to the rest of the coaches.

With that, i ran up to the rooftop and went outside, finally being able to calm my mind while looking at the setting sun and the first stars.

After a little and with a mostly free mind, i went back down, showered and then reunited with the team in the cafeteria. We ate and i also gave the coach her key back.

Afterwards, we all went to our dorms, completly tired from the training. 

If i would have looked on my phone, i would have seen quite a lot of missed calls and unread messages, but the moment, my bodymade contact with the bed, i fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I know it is a quite weird time for me to update, but here we are.

Also a big thank you for over 22k Reads as well as over 500 votes. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!<3

I hope you have a nice Day/Night!

Your A/N