Chapter 1 - Annoying Leni

Dear Leni,

How are you?

I hope you're still doing well amidst all this campaigning.

To tell you the truth, even I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately.

I know it's hard and exhausting but please don't worry.

When the time comes, you can finally rest and live peacefully under my presidency.

Your handsome chinito,

Junior

.
.

P.S. Stay sober. ;)

===

Leni Robredo clenched her fists as she read the email sent to her by Bong Bong Marcos. She was in her office and did not expect that a message from him would appear in her email's inbox. She had the sudden urge to scream in frustration but she stopped herself, knowing that her staff are just outside the door. She thought to herself,

Kumalma ka lang, Leni. Surely, he's just teasing you. Hindi ka pwede magpa-apekto.

Leni buried her head in her hands as the events of that night she had with Bong Bong flashbacked in her head:

She was drunk... He found her... They spent the night together.

She called him handsome and "chinitos" are her type...

She kissed him... They made out...

She told him she loved him...

Leni winced at that last thought. A part of her hated herself for letting herself get drunk and vulnerable in the presence of Bong Bong. Until now, she could not even explain why her drunk self even said that. She thought,

Ang tanga mo talaga, Leni. Out of all people, bakit siya pa?

She remembered how Bong Bong smirked at her the morning after that night and how he left her speechless in his hotel room.

If she were being honest to herself, Leni began to have mixed feelings about Bong Bong ever since that happened. He did tell her that whatever happened between the two of them - stays between them.

However, Leni felt foolish for hoping that Bong Bong would just let this go. The email was proof of that.

Leni started to worry and wonder if Bong Bong has any evidence of that night he could use against her. What if he does have something? She shuddered thinking about it.

Whether Leni likes it or not, Bong Bong clearly has the upper hand now. She felt like he was in control of a ticking bomb ready to explode and destroy her run for presidency anytime.

Suddenly, she heard someone knock on her door, distracting her from her thoughts.

"Leni, may I come in?"

Hearing the familiar voice, Leni straightened up and forced herself a smile.

"Risa? Pasok ka."

Risa Hontiveros entered the room upon hearing Leni's reply and sat at the chair in front of her desk. The two women have been friends for quite some time and are both on the same team, with Leni running for president and Risa being part of her senatorial slate.