Chapter 6 - Secret Affair

Leni woke up in her bed the next day feeling absolutely overwhelmed. She still can't believe that she took Bong Bong's hand. She heard her phone buzz and checked it. She just received a message from him:

Good Morning, VP. I hope you'll have a nice day. I'm gonna be busy for a while so please don't miss me too much. :)
- Junior

Normally, that message would have annoyed Leni but this time, she found herself smiling while reading Bong Bong's message. She thought to herself,

Totoo ba talaga ang lahat ng 'to?

Leni eventually got up and prepared herself to go to work.

===

Leni arrived at her office and got surprised as she saw a boquet of red roses on top of her desk. Attached to it was a small card saying,

Red roses - to remember me by.
- Junior

She shook her head as she smiled, knowing that red was his political color.

Suddenly, Risa barged into her office, announcing her arrival.

"Uyy, ano yan? Bakit may pa-flowers?"

Startled, Leni faced Risa and quickly hid the card in her back pocket. She almost forgot that her staff invited Risa to be in her office building today, to film an interview for her campaign vlog. 

Leni lied, trying to come up with an explanation.

"This? Di ko rin alam... Probably from a supporter."

Risa snickered.

"Out of all the people you can lie to, ako pa? You can't fool me, Leni."

Leni sighed as she said,

"Minsan, di ko alam kung swerte ba ako o malas dahil naging friend kita."

Risa just laughed at Leni's remark as she picked up the roses from her desk, somewhat inspecting it.

"In fairness, ang ganda ng boquet... Pero bakit hindi pink?"

"Kailangan ba talaga pink?" Leni asked.

"Pink is your color diba? Pero I guess okay na rin yung red... For romance."

Risa set the boquet down and grinned at Leni. She pulled her arm and sat down with her on a nearby couch.

"Ouch! Kailangan talaga manghila?" Leni complained.

"Shh! Don't think I forgot about our last conversation in this office, Leni. May utang ka pang kwento sakin."

"Utang talaga?"

"Yes. So... This man who gave you the roses, siya rin ba yung nag-ano sayo?"

Risa tapped her neck. Leni answered,

"Yes. He is..."

"And?"

"Anong 'and?' Yun na yun. Tapos na ang kwento."