Chapter 12 - Game Over

"BONG BONG - SARA! BONG BONG - SARA! BONG BONG - SARA!"

It's already two in the morning, the day after the election.

Yet, a lively crowd of Bong Bong and Sara's supporters have gathered outside their headquarters in EDSA.

A celebratory atmosphere could already be felt among them, knowing that Bong Bong and Sara are the expected winners based on the voting numbers.

The same atmosphere could be felt inside the building as Bong Bong's staff surrounded him and gave him an early congratulations.

They all chanted,

"LAND - SLIDE! LAND - SLIDE! LAND - SLIDE!"

Bong Bong smiled as his eyes glistened with tears. He was completely overwhelmed.

He put his hands over his heart as he bowed in front of everybody, sincerely grateful of all those who helped him throughout the campaign.

"Salamat. Salamat ng marami." Bong Bong said.

===

A bunch of media surrounded Leni as she followed her back to her vehicle.

She just finished her press conference, addressing her supporters and thanking them for all for their support.

However, it was not a happy occasion, knowing that Bong Bong has already gotten a very far lead from her numbers in which catching up to it would be nearly impossible.

"VP Leni! Does this mean that you already concede?"

"VP! Do you have any words for Bong Bong and Sara?"

"Ma'am Leni! What do you think is the biggest fault of your campaign?"

Leni's staff members kept guard of her as they guided her to her car, trying to dismiss the media from bombarding her with questions and blocking her way.

"PLEASE give way po to our vice president! Nasabi na niya po ang kailangan niyang sabihin for now." A staff member loudly said.

After a few minutes of pushing and weaving through the thick crowd with Leni remaining silent amidst their questions, she finally got inside her vehicle.

Leni exhaled in relief as the car door closed and her driver drove her away from the chaotic scene.

A few minutes into the drive, Leni pulled out her phone to see if Bong Bong sent her any message.

Wala pa rin. She thought.

She proceeded to go check on social media to see if there are any updates about him and she saw multiple videos in which celebrations have already started in his headquarters.

Leni didn't exactly know how to feel seeing Bong Bong celebrating while she's in her current situation. She thought to herself,

Of course, he's going to be happy, Leni... Hindi lang ikaw ang mundo niya.

Leni finally arrived at her condominium. Her team actually invited her for a late night dinner to cheer her up but she respectfully declined, tired from the long day.

She sighed as lay down on her couch, alone and thinking about Bong Bong.

Before she knew it, she eventually fell into sleep.

===

The sun shone brightly against Leni's face, waking her. She slowly got up and checked her phone.