Chapter 2 - Outreach Program

"VP Leni? Nandito na po tayo."

A staff member opened the car door for Leni as she exited the vehicle. Today was the day of mayor Isko Moreno's outreach program in Rizal park and auditorium.

Leni was aware that the other presidential candidates would be there too, but wasn't so sure about Bong Bong's attendance. She tried not to be too obvious when she asked her staff but unfortunately, it seems that they have no clue either.

A man in glasses began to approach her. It was mayor Isko himself. They shook hands as he greeted her,

"VP Leni. Salamat sa pag-tanggap ng aking invitation."

"Thank you din sa invitation mo, mayor Isko. Mukhang maganda itong naisip mo."

Leni looked around the auditorium. The place was filled with volunteers handing out food and care packages to citizens. She even spotted senator Ping Lacson talking to a group of elderly women. In another area, she saw senator Manny Pacquio chatting and signing authographs for middle-aged men who seem to be boxing fans. The media was there as well but they have been kept to the side, behind barriers.

Leni was about to ask Isko if Bong Bong was present too but somebody called his attention. He turned to her,

"You're welcome, VP Leni. Excuse me lang, ha. Mukhang may naghahanap sakin. Please, feel free to look around and mingle with our kababayan. I'll just see you later."

Isko respectfully nodded to Leni and walked away. Leni began touring the area herself. A few of her supporters noticed her presence and approached her. She chatted and took pictures with them then continued to walk around the area, checking on the volunteers and mingling with other citizens.

After a while, Leni stepped out of the auditorium and walked to the park to get some fresh air. She found out that the area was also being used as a feeding program for children. The place was set up with some colorful tables and chairs as if there was a kid's birthday party.

Leni smiled as she saw some children playing and there were a few more volunteers handing out drinks and snacks for the kids. As Leni looked and walked around, she didn't notice that she'd be bumping into a man arranging boxes.

"Ah! Sorry." Leni said.

Leni almost stumbled out of balance but thankfully got her footing as the man held onto her shoulders to steady her.

"Be careful, VP." The man answered.

Leni's eyes widened as she looked up at the man holding her.

.
.
.

It was Bong Bong Marcos. Again.

She quickly took a step back away from him as Bong Bong chuckled.

"You know, you have a habit of bumping into me. Diba pinayuhan na kita to stay sober?"

Leni scowled.

"Aksidente lang yun."

Bong Bong grinned.

"Accident? Alin dun?"

Leni was sure that Bong Bong was pertaining to the night they had together. Suddenly, they were interrupted by a little boy seated at a nearby table with his friends calling out to Bong Bong.

"BBM! Ang tagal naman po!"

Bong Bong's mischievous grin changed into a warm smile as he turned to the kids and said,

"Sorry na. Na-distract lang kasi ako nito ni VP Leni. I-greet niyo naman siya."

"GOOOD MOOORNING, VP LENIII!!!" The kids said in chorus.