six

Six

Maddie

"How are you feeling, pretty girl?" Calum asked the next morning. I guess I had slept for a long time because the last thing I remembered was Luke telling me to sleep.

"Good," I answered.

"I talked with your brothers and CPS, they agreed to have you stay somewhere else until your home is smoke free," he explained, making my stomach drop.

"Where will I stay?"

"With me and my friends," he smiled. "You already know Ashton and Luke, we also have another friend Michael, he works here too. And Michael's girlfriend, Crystal, and Luke's girlfriend, Sierra, live there as well," Calum explained and I nodded.

"Can I see Zach and Nate?"

"Not right now, they can't contact you for a while,"

"Oh," I frowned.

'But we'll have a great weekend, are you ready to go?" he asked and I nodded. "The guys are all home, we took Friday off to spend time with you, but Luke and Ashton have to finish some work," he explained and I nodded. I followed him out to his car and we drove to his house. When we arrived, the place was huge. It was in a gated community as well, very different from the small apartment I lived in.

"We're here," Calum called out. When we walked in I saw a guy with blonde hair and a woman with long blonde hair sitting on the couch. "Maddie, this is Michael and his girlfriend Crystal," he introduced me.

'It's nice to meet you, Maddie," Michael smiled.

"You too," I lightly smiled back.

"Are you feeling better?" Crystal asked and I nodded.

"I have to finish some paperwork, would you be ok staying here with them?" Calum asked and I nodded. I didn't really mind meeting new people, I was kind of social. Calum sent me a grateful smile and walked upstairs while I sat on the other couch that Michael and Crystal weren't on.

"Ashton said you were a freshman, right?" Michael asked and I nodded. "Part of any sports teams or clubs?"

"I'm in art club and part of the lacrosse team,"

"Wow, that's awesome," Crystal smiled and I thanked her. "Which team?'

"Varsity, I'm the only freshmen on it,"

"Jeez, we'll have to go to one of your games,"

'They can be fun sometimes, but our team isn't the best," I shrugged. "That doesn't matter though because we're all having fun and improving together," I explained, making them smile.

"Jesus you're the sweetest person ever," Crystal said and I giggled.

"How long have you guys dated?"

"Five years," Michael answered with a smile. "Met during med school, stayed friends, then started dating," he explained and I smiled. We all talked a little bit longer until they suggested we watch a movie. We started to watch some terrible romance movie, Michael's suggestion, but I ended up falling asleep pretty quickly.

I didn't wake up until I felt someone kiss the top of my head, making me groan and start to open my eyes, "Time to get up, princess," Ashton whispered as I looked over at him. "We have lunch,"

"I'm tired," I mumbled as I turned over to sleep.

"You gotta eat though," he chuckled. "We made grilled cheese and soup," he explained. I sighed, but finally got up and followed him into the kitchen.

"Nice bed head," Calum chuckled when I entered. I didn't say anything, but sat down at the table and laid my head on my folder arms.

"Not a morning person I see," Luke chuckled as he put food in front of me.

"Your couch is comfy," I mumbled.

"It is?" Ashton raised an eyebrow.

"Comfier than my bed," I admitted, "I'm gonna take it,"

"You can't take our couch," Michael laughed, "it's my favorite part of the house,"

"Then I'll take the cushions,"

"You can't do that either,"

"I will," I picked my head up. We began to eat lunch, Michael and I arguing back and forth about the couch. I was determined to take at least two of the cushions, that was honestly all I needed and that could be my new bed.