nine

Nine

Maddie

"The penguins were the best," I smiled as we went inside.

"I'm glad you had fun," Ashton smiled.

'The best time ever," I said. "Next on my bucket list is the aquarium, trampoline park, IKEA, bowling, and arcade," I listed off, which caught them off guard.

"IKEA?" Calum questioned.

I shrugged, "I dunno, it seems cool,"

"Your brothers could take you, you'll see them tomorrow," I knew they wouldn't take me. It was weird to be going back home tomorrow, I didn't want to. I wanted to stay with them, do more fun things, let them tell me everything was ok. That wasn't going to happen though, they would be here tomorrow and I would never see the guys, Sierra, or Crystal again.

"How about we watch a movie tonight?" Michael asked and we agreed. "My vote it Avengers,"

"No," Ashton rolled his eyes. "Put on The Notebook?"

"The Notebook?" Michael asked loudly. "Absolutely not,"

"I want to watch The Notebook," Crystal frowned. I expected Michael to change his mind, but he didn't.

"It's a shitty movie,"

"Knives Out," Calum shrugged as he plopped on the couch next to me.

"Or Mean Girls," Luke smiled, making us all look over at him. "It's a good movie, don't give me that look,"

"Never seen it," I shrugged.

"Alright, we're watching that," Luke grabbed the remote and started to look for it with the other guys groaning from annoyance. The movie was pretty good, but it wasn't my favorite. Luke loved it though, quoting the whole movie as everyone got annoyed. Once the movie was over, we put on Friends and I ended up falling asleep. When morning rolled around though, I was packing my bag and my brothers were here to pick me up.

"Call us anytime you need to. You have all of our numbers now," Luke said and I nodded. He pulled me into a tight hug. "Do you feel safe going home?"

No.

"Yeah," I nodded and pulled away from the hug. I gave everyone else hugs, all of them telling me to call them if I ever needed to, then I left. I didn't know if I'd ever see them again. This could be the last time I would see them. All I could do right now is pray that my brothers changed.

"How was it staying there?" Nate asked and I smiled.

'It was good,"

"Well we have good news," Zach grinned as he drove off. "We're going on a trip for a week,"

"We are?" my eyebrows furrowed and he nodded with a smile.

"We're leaving Wednesday,"

"Where are we going?"

"Still is LA, just with some friends," Nate explained.

"But I have school-"

"You can get your work Tuesday and do it as we go around," Zach told me.

"I don;t think this is a good idea," I firmly responded.

"Maddie, we're in charge, you're not," Nate snapped. "We have talked to CPS and they think it's best if we get away for a while, spend time together," I huffed as I leaned back in the seat, sensing lies being thrown around. I wanted to call the guys, say I felt nervous right now, but I didn't. I couldn't.