thirteen

Thirteen

Maddie

I was finally good to go home. The drugs were out of my system and it was relieving. Calum had offered to take me home, so Ashton signed the discharge papers and then Calum and I were leaving. He held my hand tightly as we walked through the large parking lot, but I was feeling my heart speed up as I looked at the cars. It only reminded me of cars I was thrown into for weeks without me being conscious. "Alright pretty girl, let's head home," Calum smiled once we arrived at his car. He unlocked it and was about to get in, but I stayed outside hugging myself. "What's wrong, Mad?"

"I don't wanna get in," I whispered, taking a step back.

"Hey, it's ok," Calum shut the door and rushed over to the other side where I was, pulling me into a hug. "Why don't you wanna get in?'

"Cause I don't know where we're going," my voice cracked.

"We're just going to go home, remember the house you stayed at with us?" he questioned and I nodded. "We're going there," I didn't respond as I took a shaky breath. "How about I have Ashton drive us home? I'll sit in the back with you," I nodded in agreement and he pulled me into a tight hug, letting me hug him back as tears fell onto his shirt. He gave Ashton a quick ring, and instantly Ashton was outside within five minutes.

"Let's get you home, pretty girl," Ashton lightly smiled and I nodded. Calum and I sat in the backseat as Ashton drove, letting me look at the GSP on his phone to show we were going home. My leg rapidly shook as I watched each turn being took, but he stuck to his word. We were going the right way.

We finally made it home and Ashton dropped us off, then went back to work. Calum held my hand as we went in, "You can stay in the same room," he offered and I nodded. "How about we get you some lunch? I can make sandwiches," Calum offered and I nodded. I sat at the island and watched him make some simple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He handed me a plate and I nibbled on the sandwich, not very hungry. Instead, I was just exhausted. Sleeping at the hospital wasn't the best, especially when there was constant movement. "Do you want to rest after you eat?"

"I'm not very hungry,"

"Can you eat half of the sandwich? You need to get some food back in your belly," he said. I sighed, but nodded and slowly ate half of the sandwich. Once I was done, we went up to the guest room. He offered to stay with me, which I agreed to. "I think we're going to move into a new house soon,"

"Why?"

"THis house isn't big enough," he explained, "and we can decorate your room however you want. We can get whatever bedding, LED lights, whatever you want,"

"What are LED lights?" I questioned, looking up at him as my head laid on his chest.

"They can change different colors and go around your room," he vaguely explained. "Would you want that?"

"Yeah," I nodded. He smiled and kissed the top of my head, and after awhile I fell asleep.