thirty five

Thirty Five

Calum

"What if I say something stupid?"

"Both of you will most likely say something stupid,"

"I say more stupid things though,"

"No you don't,"

"Yes I do,"

"Crushes make you act stupid," Sierra chuckled as she curled Maddie's hair. I sat in the room observing so I could hopefully be able to do it one day, but it seemed complicated. Plus I didn't want to burn her hair off.

"Do you know what you'll be doing?" Crystal asked.

"No, Iris said it was a surprise," she looked over at me, "Calum knows,"

"Because I have to drive you guys there,"

"What if she thinks it's stupid that I look at the directions?"

"That says a lot more about her then, but I'm sure she won't,"

"I hope not,"

"What do you think?" Sierra asked Maddie after finishing her hair. Maddie grinned and nodded.

"I like it, thank you,"

"And your outfit is all set out," Crystal gestured to the plaid pants and mock neck she picked out. "We'll let you get changes," The three of us left so Maddie could get ready. Crystal and Sierra waited upstairs so they could finish helping her, but I went downstairs.

"Going well?" Ashton asked.

"I guess," I sighed.

"What?"

"She's just growing up," I sat down at the island, "One day she's not gonna want me around,"

"I doubt that," Michael chuckled.

"She;s not embarrassed by you yet," Luke said. "Give it time though, she will be like we are,"

"Hey,"

"Just kidding,"

"Have you told her about the adoption next week?" Ashton asked.

"No," I shook my head. "I'm going to take her out for dinner and tell her,"

"That will be special,"

"How about after the adoption we go out to a nice restaurant?" Luke offered.

"Yeah, that would be fun," Michael grinned.

"I'll call and reserve one," Before we could find one, Sierra and Crystal rushed downstairs.

"Ready to see?" Crystal asked with excitement.

"Come on down, Mad," Sierra yelled. She came downstairs very giddy, but trying to contain her excitement. Although she looked older, in my eyes she still looked like a kid, and that made me emotional.

"Look at you," Michael grinned.

"You look beautiful," Luke complimented.

"Are you excited?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah," Maddie nodded happily, then looked over at me. "Calum, you're crying," she noticed.

"No, I'm good," I shook my head, wiping my eyes. "It's just a big milestone," I mumbled, trying to keep it together. Maddie walked over and hugged me, and I didn't hesitate to hug her back, trying to keep it together.