twelve

Twelve

Maddie

I was still in the hospital the next day. I hated being back here, but there was nothing I could do. All night my phone was ringing, according to the guys, and people were asking for their stuff, like the last call I got. Michael had pieced together that my brothers gave them my number, so now my phone was off and I needed to get a new number, which was irritating to me. The only thing I could do was watch TV, and I was bored of that.

"Hey Mad," I looked over and saw Michael coming in with Crystal. "Feeling better?"

"A little," I shrugged as I muted the TV.

"Well I brought you lunch so you don't have to eat the hospital food," Crystal smiled as she held up a bag of Burger King. "I remembered you like the onion rings,"

"Thank you," I smiled as she sat down, passing out the food for the three of us. We ate in silence, but I did love the food. I hadn't eaten much for a while, and everything tasted so good. Once we were done I started to watch another show with Crystal as Michael left to do rounds. After ten minutes I started to feel nauseous and sweaty, which Crystal took notice of.

"Shit," Crystal quickly reached over and grabbed a pan. Immediately I threw up all of my burger king into it as the door opened. Once I was done, I looked over and saw Calum was now in the room. He took the pan from Crystal to go empty it, then came back.

"We'll have to keep you on the BRAT diet until Ash says all the drugs are out of your system," he said.

"BRAT diet?" I questioned softly as I leaned back on the bed after wiping my face off with a tissue.

"Banana, rice, apple sauce, and toast," Calum clarified, "it's what you eat when your stomach hurts so it doesn't get more upset," I nodded and felt my eyes getting heavy as I laid there.

"I'm gonna get to work, but I'll see you at home," Crystal kissed the top of my head. Calum and I said goodbye, then Calum took her place on the bed once she was gone. "Get some rest Mad, I'm right here," he said and I nodded. As I laid there, he stroked my hair, which confused me.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Stroking your hair, do you want me to stop?' he asked, but I shook my head.

"No," I said and he smiled lightly. "How come you are?"

"It sometimes helps people calm down, and I can tell you're nervous right now," he explained. "Some people when they rest like affection and to be held,"

"I didn't know that," I mumbled.

"Well we'll make sure you always feel loved," he promised me, "however we can,"

"Thank you," I quietly said. "My brothers never did that,"

"Did what?"

"Hug me, tell me they love me, stuff like that," I explained. "We just kind of existed together," I saw Calum's emotions change to sadness when I told him that.

"Would you like a hug now?" he asked and I nodded. I scooted over and he held me tightly and I hugged him back. As we laid there, I felt safe and calm, I knew he was there to protect me.

"Please don't let go," I whispered.

"I'm right here, I'll only let go once you're asleep and I have to go back to work," he promised and I nodded. Within a couple of minutes, I was back asleep with Calum holding me tightly.