Chapter 10

Garnet's POV...

Pearl got up and asked the teacher if we could leave the room, she had told her it was a girl problem. Being a female, she understood, even though Pearl lied. As we walked out into the hallway, she led me to the bathroom. Once we were there, she hugged me tightly, "Garnet, please, tell me what's wrong. I just want to make you happy again."

I sighed and pushed away from her, "I...just think we need a break from each other..." I looked up into her shocked eyes, they began to fill with tears, "Are you saying...you don't want to be my girlfriend anymore?" I took a deep breath and said, trying not to cry, "Yes."

She lowered her head, "...okay. Anything for you, Garnet." And she left me. Standing there alone. I'm sorry...come back...

Pearl's POV...

I sat outside, next to the entrance, the sun was shining on me as I curled up and buried my face into my knees. The tears just wouldn't stop flowing, and I could feel my bare knees getting wet... Why can't it just rain? I didn't want it to be a pretty day. Garnet, what did I do wrong? I got up and left, I couldn't bare to see her.

As I walked away from the school, my mind flashed back to when we were with Rose, she was so happy. She had kiss me so many times, and each time felt better than the last. Tears were still streaming down my face, my cheeks and eyes began to start hurting and the pain only grew. My broken sobs only made me miss her more, she used to hold me when I'd cry like this.

Garnet ...why? I just wanted to see you smile again...I love you...

Garnet's POV...

I walked back to class, and sat down. I looked around for Pearl, but saw nothing, just faces I didn't care about. I sighed and waited for the class to end. As soon as it was over, I began to search for her, I knew there was no apologizing at the moment, but I just needed to see her, to see how she was handling it... When I didn't see her I knew something was wrong. And out the doors I went. I ran down her normal path, and saw her not too far away, I sprinted as fast as I could, "Pearl!" I called out, she turned to me and yelled, "Go away!" I stopped, I could see the tears running down her face, she clenched her fist, "Y-you don't w-want me anymore? F-fine! I'm leaving!" And she rushed down the sidewalk, leaving me again. A sad memory played in my head...

My mother said harshly, "I told you to got to your room! Now you 'ave a bruise! Why don't you ever listen to me?!" I yelled back, " 'Cause I was tryin' to protect you from tha' bastard!" She raised her hand, and I flinched, she said through gritted teeth, "Go. Away."

"Fine! I'm leaving!" I slammed my door and pulled out my pocket knife and made the deepest cut I could, Amethyst rushed in and said terrified, "G-garnet! No!" She ran out of my room and came back with gauze and disinfectant spray.

"Thank God, you didn't cut where I couldn't fix it...Why did you try to leave me, Garnet?" I sighed, "I'm sorry, I was upset, she hugged me tightly and nuzzled her face into my stomach, and I could my shirt become damp, "Promise to never leave me like that! Please!"

I promised her that night I would never commit suicide... I walked home, my cheeks puffy and stained with tears, when I reached the white house, it seemed silent. Too silent. I hesitantly walked up to the front door, when I got close I heard screams and bangs from inside. I backed away, not wanting him to see me. I went to my window, and crawled in. Once inside, the screams and bangs were unbearably loud. I grabbed my knife and sketch book and got out of there as fast as I could.

I sat down on the soft green grass, then pressed the cold blade against my arm. Slowly I made a new cut, then three, and before I knew it, my whole arm was covered with blood.

This time it did feel good. It didn't hurt like last time, I laid down, my arm still bleeding but that was okay.

I don't know how long I laid there, but when I sat up, the blood had dried and Amethyst was just coming home. With a deep sigh, I went to the lake and washed up my arm, then I sat back down and decided it was time to draw.

Pearl's POV...

I sat in the tub. Doing nothing. I came home, saw my mother was gone and now I'm taking a bath. I didn't want to move, or do anything, just to sit there and think. Why am I hurting so badly? None of my exes have ever hurt me this badly...

I want her now. I want to curl up in her arms and tell her I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong. Garnet...what did I do wrong? I stood up and was greeted by a cold breeze that made me shudder, I got out and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body.

I walked into my bedroom and slid on a blue, silk night gown and crawled into bed. I laid and began to think of how good it felt when Garnet laid next to me, tears began to flow, I smiled, Those were my favorite moments with her. She'd hold me close and tell me she loves me and kiss me on my forehead until I was sleepy...I'd wake up in her arms and she would always give me a kiss before she would sneak out again. I sighed again and wiped my tears, and did something I haven't done in such a long time, I prayed, Please keep her safe and alive. That's all I ever want for her... I fell asleep but my dream didn't help my broken heart...

"Pearl, my love." As she kissed down my neck, I looked around and saw we were under the same cherry blossom tree as last time. I smiled as she kissed my collarbone, "Oh Garnet, I love you..." She began to remove my dress and slide her hands down my body...

I shot up, I need to try to get her off my mind, but...I just can't. I love her and I'm gonna do my best to bring happiness back to her...