Chapter 4

Garnet's POV...

I sighed deeply as I looked at Amethyst, I need to tell her... With another sigh, I said, "Amy, I...I need to tell you something important." She looked up at me, with a saddened look. I tilted my head, "Why do you look at me like that?"

"You're not gonna try to leave again, are you?" I knew exactly what she meant by "leave". Around November last year, I tried to commit suicide...but I didn't because of Amy. I figured she was the only reason I had worth living for, so I stayed and have been taking her beatings ever since. I shook my head, "No...I'm not. But, it's about...me. I'm a lesbian as well." Amethyst smiled, "I knew it!"

"Oh really?" I asked, she nodded, "Yeah, and you have the hots for that Pearl girl." I felt myself blush, but I smiled anyways, "Yeah, she's pretty cool. Wait," I paused and tilted my head, "How'd you know?" She shrugged, "It's just the way you act I guess. Like, I could just tell. So, I guess you could say my gaydar went off." I shook my head, "Oh God..."

We continued down the street, our destination was 515 N. Young BLVD. Snob city... Most kids called that section of GemsonVille snob city for a reason. Every doctor, lawyer, oil field worker, and higher paid families lived there, but, good thing about snob city; Halloween is the best. I wrapped my arm around Amy, "You know, I think you're gonna like her." Amethyst wrapped around me, and said nothing in return. She is the reason I'm alive...We finally arrived, well, about a block away.

We walked down the what looked brand new sidewalk, passing big houses with fancy cars, nice lawns, and all sorts of expensive stuff. I looked at Amethyst and I, our jeans were ripped, our shoes were worn out, and she wore my hand-me-downs (that were originally mom's) not to mention the few stains I had on my hoodie. I kept my head and Amethyst close to my side as people gave us dirty looks and hateful comments. "Garnet," Amethyst whispered, I lowered my head, "Why are people looking at us weird?" I sighed, "Because they're snobby bitches and dicks." She snickered, "It's kinda funny to hear you cuss. Especially when it's true."

Soon when arrived to one of the biggest houses on the block, Of course, this is Pearl's house. Amethyst took my hand and we hesitantly walked to the door.I knocked and waited a few minutes for an answer, soon, an older woman about late 20's early 30's answered the door. "Are...you Garnet and Amethyst?" I nodded, she half-smiled (it looked forced). "Oh! Well, Pearl's upstairs in her room. It's the second door on the left." I nodded and said thank you before dragging Amy to Pearl's room. I knocked, and I stood there for about 10 seconds before I heard "come in". Once I entered the room, I saw Pearl standing in front of us, in shirts and a large t-shirt.

I bit my bottom lip, and stared at her. She began to blush, but quickly said, "Oh, hey! I, uh, thought you were my mom." She rubbed the back of her head and shyly smiled. I took a deep breath and spoke, "Are you sure you don't mind? Your mom didn't seem to be a big fan of me..." Pearl sighed annoyed, "I swear, she doesn't like any of my friends...that's why I don't have very many...But, I refuse to lose you." She came up and hugged me, she was a lot smaller than I was, but, her figure seem to just fit with mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer, laying my head on her the top of hers (she was much shorter than I was.)

I pulled away and said, "Pearl, this is my sister, Amy. Amethyst, this is Pearl." Pearl extended her hand, "Hi! It's nice to meet you, Amethyst!" Amethyst hesitantly shook her hand and replied softly, "Yeah...nice to meet ya, too." Pearl tilted her head, "Are you two okay? You both seem, tense..." Amethyst muttered under her breath, "I hate being in Snob City..." Pearl asked confused, "What? Snob City?" I gulped, "Uh, excuse us." I took Amethyst's hand and led her out the door, I knelt down and said, more harshly than I wanted, "What the hell! She's letting us stay at her house so we don't have to be beat all damn weekend and all you can say is; 'I hate being in Snob City'?!" I saw her tear up.

"Oh, Amy. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap..." I held her tightly until I heard the door open, I looked up at Pearl, she gave us a concerned look, "Are you sure you're alright, guys?" I nodded, "Yes. Sorry for the commotion and the hateful comment." Pearl smiled, "Oh, don't worry about it! I'm actually kinda used to being called a snob...but this is the first I've heard of 'Snob City' ." I chuckled, "Yeah, a lot of kids in our neighborhood call this part of town that name." I rubbed the back of my head in embarrassment. She gently took a hold of my hand and said, "C'mon, let's play some games and relax." As I started for the room once again, I realized Amethyst wasn't following me, I turned to her, "Amy? You okay?"

"Garnet, I don't feel like I should be here." I shook my head, "Don't think like that, now, let's go relax." She didn't budge, I sighed, "Amy, I'm not letting you leave without me. If you want to, I tell Pearl we have to go home, okay?" Amethyst looked up at me, tears streaming down her cheeks, "No, I wanna stay here."

"Okay."