Chapter 19

Garnet's POV...

I stood in horror, staring at Amethyst's lifeless body. The color faded from her dark face, and her eyes stared into my soul, sadness stuck in them. When I could finally speak, I screamed, "Amethyst!" I grabbed her shoulders, shaking her, "Please! No! You're fine! C'mon, Amy!" I let out a high-pitched wail, fat tears dripping from my chin.

A doctor and a few nurses rushed in, they pushed me away from her. I shook and cried as they tried to bring her back, but nothing worked. The doctor lowered his head and looked at us, he sighed. "I'm sorry...she's...gone." Rage filled me, I charged at the doctor and blacked out.

Pearl's POV...

I was dumbstruck when Amethyst passed, I didn't move until Garnet ran at the doctor. Rose, along with the nurses and even myself were holding Garnet back as she yelled at the doctor, "You fucking bastard! Bring her back!" She struggled against us and continued, "This is your fault! You're the damn doctor! You killed my sister, you fucker!"

After about 15 minutes of trying to free herself, Garnet gave up. She sunk to the floor and sobbed, I instinctively held her as she cried, she wrapped around me and choked out, "S-she can't be-gone!" She cried harder into my shoulder. Salty tears slipped down my face as well, I sighed softly, "I'm sorry, Garnet..."

"Garnet..?" Both of us looked up, it was her mother, standing in the doorway, her hand clutching her chest, Garnet stood and walked over to her, "Mum...Amy's..." She took a deep breath and said softly, "...gone."

Her mother lowered her head, I watched as Garnet held the older woman. Garnet was quite a bit taller than her mom. The woman laid her head on Garnet's chest and choked out sobs filled the room.

When everyone was calmed down, Garnet's mother spoke in a low, sad voice, "Garnet...let's go."

And they left, I grabbed Rose's arm as we walked down the hallway. When we got into the car, Rose said, "Pearl...please take good care of Garnet. She's never going to be the same after this and she's going to need someone she can trust."

I nodded, "I will, Rose."

Garnet's POV...

I sat in the hall, my eyes hurt from crying. I lost my reason to live...she's gone... That's when I heard the police, "Ma'am, we talked to the doctors, and they said there was no way for your daughter to have died. The only possible way for it to happen would be if someone took her off Life Support. Was there anyone in the room while you were away?"

"My oldest daughter was."

Two men walked out and the shortest knelt in front of me, "Are you Amethyst's sister?" I nodded, he put his hand on knee and asked, "What happened when you went into the room?"

I moved my knee away from his hand and answered, "I was giving her a plush toy and she didn't looked too well and next thing I knew, she was," I held back tears, "...dead."

They looked at me with sympathy, then they told my mother and I we could go home. The way home was silent, but that was good thing. I didn't want to talk to my mom, I had a plan, and I was going through with it. Pearl will be fine without me...

Pearl's POV...

I sat in my room, looking up at the ceiling, Why do I have a bad feeling? Rose had left about an hour ago, and my mother left shortly after. My mom had some business to take care of, and that meant I was alone. I sighed, Maybe I should call Garnet. I decided against it, She needs some space...I'll call her later. And with that I made up mind to just take a nap and relax.

I looked around and saw nothing besides an old, worn-out, white house. Isn't this Garnet's house? I walked up to the door and opened it. It was Amethyst's hospital room, I gulped, "Oh no." I shuffled up to the bed, scared to look, but to my surprise, it wasn't Amy...it was Garnet! "Garnet?!" I looked down at her wrist and saw deep gashes and everything turned red. "Garnet!" I called out, but no sound came out of mouth.

And with a flash, I was standing under a tree. I looked around and saw people standing in a circle dressed in black clothing. Then I saw it, a coffin was being lowered into the ground. I was confused at first then it was like I knew. It was Garnet's. She was dead, she had committed suicide.

I shot up out of bed, beads of sweat rolling down my face. I pulled my knees to my chest, holding back tears. Once I realized it was a dream I picked up my phone and saw that it was only 8:30 pm. I texted Garnet;

Hey, Garnet? Can I talk to u for a sec? 8:30 pm sent.

She didn't answer, I became scared, so I called her, but still no answer. And something told me the worst had happened.