Chapter 20

Garnet's POV...

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes were red from crying and my dark cheeks were puffy and tear stained. "Aaaaammmyyy..." I cried out softly and another deep cut was added to my arm, my breathing hitched as a low voiced asked, "What in the hell are you doing?!" I turned to see my father, he had also been crying. I dropped the knife, his face turned from sadness to anger, "You selfish brat! Your sister just died and you're in here cuttin' your fucking arm up?!" He slapped me, I lowered my head and said nothing.

"Look at me!" He growled, I looked up and he hit me again. This time I hit the ground, he spat, "You know what? Why don't you just kill yourself?! Do this family a favor for once!" 

And he left. Fat, salty tears dripped from my chin, I will...maybe then you'll be happy. I stood and walked into the living room, I was just about to go to my room when my mother hugged me. "Garnet, I'm...I'm so sorry..." I sighed softly and hugged her back, "It's not your fault, Mum." 

"It is though..."

"No-" 

She put a finger to my lips, shushing me, she cupped my cheek and said, "I'm sorry, I just...couldn't handle it anymore...and it was so..easy. I-" That's when it clicked; my mother killed Amethyst. She was the reason for Amy's death. I pushed away from her and shook my head frantically, "No! Y-you didn't! You..." 

She looked away in shame, then walked away from me. That's it. My mind's made up...

I sat down on my bed with a notebook and a pencil and began to write a letter that will never be sent.

Pearl's POV...

I shot out of bed for the fifth time, beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. I sighed and checked my phone, She still hasn't answered... I decided to call her again and received no answer. I fell back with a groan and began to pray that she would be alright.

If I could only go over there to see he-

I smiled, "That's it!" I dressed quickly, I was wearing all black and I put a dark beanie on to match. With a deep breath and quickly descended down the stairs to the front door.

As I ran down the sidewalk bad thoughts ran through my mind making me run faster. Tears threatened to spill as I got closer to Garnet's house, then I stopped dead in my tracks. Police cars and an ambulance were gather in the front. I screamed, "No!" And bolted to the house, a part of me knowing I may not see Garnet alive.

I ran past the policemen to Garnet's mother, she was bawling as medics carried a body on a gurney. It was covered in a white sheet, No! no no no, it can't be!

I ran to the woman and asked, "Mrs. Harris, what happened?! W-here's Garnet?!" She hiccuped and pointed to the body, my pupils shrunk and next thing I knew, everything was black.

When I came too, I was in a chair next to a hospital bed. The bright lights making me I rub my eyes. My vision began to clear up and I watched as a doctor walked up to me. "Ma'am? How are you feeling?"

"Wh-what happened?" I questioned, slowly regaining my memory of earlier events. The doctor sighed, "I'm so sorry you have to see this. But...she didn't make it. She bled out do to the deep cuts. We tried everything we could to save her, but it wasn't enough."  I got up and walked over to Garnet's lifeless body.

Everything came back to me as I stood at the bedside with tears streaming down my face, "No..." I choked out. I collapsed next to her bedside, begging God to bring her back or some miracle to let her live. "Please...I can't do it without her..."

And, as if my prayer was heard, a sharp gasp rang in my ears. In a flash, my body was lifted and moved. I stood in shock as doctors and nurses ran to Garnet's aid. When they cleared, Garnet was set up on life support once again and I ran to her side to see those beautiful eyes open again.

Garnet's POV...

My whole world had gone black and next thing I saw was a light, but something pulled me with a great force away from it, and it told me that it wasn't my time. When I woke, I gasped, my body aching for air, I was lacking oxygen and I couldn't breath on my own, but the people dressed in white put me on a machine that began to pump air through me and I could finally begin to see things.

When everything calmed down, I saw Pearl walk up to me with her blue eyes reddened from crying. I tried to smile with all my might. She smiled and cried tears of joy, she kissed me, her salty tears falling on my cheeks. I began to tear up as well, "I...love...you." It was hard to speak, but she laughed and exclaimed, "I love you too! Oh I love you so much!" We stayed like that for a while, doing nothing but hugging each other and repeating the words, 'I love you' over and over again.

And, for once in my life, I saw nothing but color in my skies.

                                                                                               THE END !