Chapter 18

Garnet's POV...

I laid there, paralyzed. I couldn't move, nor cry, hell, I couldn't even open my eyes. All I knew at that moment was pain. I wanted to run, but where could I go? Not to Pearl's that for sure... Ugh, I'm such a fucking idiot...I didn't deserve her. A monster like me doesn't deserve anyone. I attempted to sit up, but ever muscle screamed at me, I covered my mouth to resist yelping. Once I forced myself to stand, I wobbled to the door, and down the hallway.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I jumped out of my skin when three loud knocks had come from the door, Fuck, I hope that fucktard didn't wake him up. I opened the door, ready to quietly yell at someone when I saw Pearl. Her pale face red and tear stained, she hugged me tightly saying over and over that she was sorry. I didn't have time to say anything when Rose came up to us.

She looked extremely concerned and said in a low voice, "Garnet...did he hurt you?"

I gulped and her face turned sour, "I'm calling the police."

My stomach dropped and my pupils shrunk, I almost yelled, "No!" She gave a shocked look and I sputtered quickly, "Rose, please, they'll take Amethyst away from me! Please Rose!" I felt my knees give and I dropped to the ground, my hands covering my face, "They'll take her away...please...please don't put me through that..."

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, and Rose's sweet voice say, "Okay, I won't let them take her."

Pearl's POV...

I felt awful, seeing Garnet like this, I hugged her along with Rose. I was pissed at her father, How dare he even lay a finger on my Garnet! Especially after this mess! I shook angered thoughts from my head and focused my attention back on Garnet.

"Garnet?" I asked softly, "Do you...wanna come home with me..?"

I knew it was dumb to ask...I was a total bitch to her and she said she never wanted to see me again, but there I was, asking for her to stay. Even if she says no, I had to get her away from here, anywhere but here.

She nodded and nuzzled against my neck, she whispered, "I'm so sorry, Pearl...I should've never laid a hand on you." She sniffled, "Please...forgive me..."

I nodded pulling her closer, "I forgive you. I will always forgive you. I love you, Garnet."

When we got home, I helped Garnet up to my room and laid her down on the bed. I cuddled up against her, and gently laying my head on her chest. After a few minutes of listening to her heartbeat, I decided to ask a few questions, "G-garnet..?"

"Yes?"

"Are you still hurting?"

"I'm still a little sore, but not really." She sighed and I gulped, "Am I...touching any sore spots? I don't wanna hurt you." She shook her head and yawned, "No, love, you're not hurting me."

Did she call me love? My heart skipped a beat and I blushed, I heard a deep chuckle come from Garnet, "Yes, Pearl, you're still my love." I smiled and nuzzled her chest, "Good."

We stayed like for only God knows how long and I enjoyed every last passing second.

Garnet's POV...

I woke the next morning with Pearl laying on my chest, I smiled and hummed as I held her. She woke up and yawned with an adorable little sound, I laughed, "That was adorable." I kissed her nose, she blushed and rolled her eyes, "No it wasn't."

"Yes it was." I argued playfully, of course she said it wasn't again, so I replied, "I'll tickle you."

She gasped, "You wouldn't dare!" I smirked, "Then agree."

"Never!"

And it was on. I got on top of her and began to tickle her sides, she laughed hysterically, and was trying to get me off of her, but with no prevail. I laughed along as she begged for mercy, finally I decided her punishment was fulfilled and I kiss her softly. She replied, "Jerk." I giggled again.

When we walked downstairs, we heard Pearl's mother talking to someone on the phone and saw Rose on the couch. Rose flashed us a pearly white grin and asked, "Girls, would you like to go get some breakfast? It's my last day here in town, so let's have some fun!"

We went to one of the cafe's here and ate breakfast. As we were eating I asked, "Hey um...do you think we could stop by the mall so I could get Amy something? I have money."

Rose nodded and off to the mall we went. I found Amethyst the perfect thing; it was soft, fluffy purple puma. I smiled at it as we made our way to the hospital, This should make Amethyst smile.

On our way up to the room, I had a bad feeling start to grow and I began to rush to Amy's room. I opened the door and saw Amethyst by herself.

"Amy, where's mom?"

She gave a weak "I dunno". The bad feeling grew, I took a deep breath and tried to be strong, her pale face was worrying me, but I had to try and stay positive. I handed her the stuffed toy with a smile on my face, she smiled back, "Thanks, G. I love it."

She coughed, "Garnet...I'm not feeling too hot."

"I'll go get a nurse." Before I could go, she grabbed my arm and gently pulled me into a hug, softly whispering, "I love you, Garnet."

The machine made a loud monotone ring as her hand fell limp: she had dead lined.