E.9. Irritation

Consider the fiction as fiction only. Though it's inspired by society, it has nothing to do with the real characters used in the fiction. 🙏
__________________________

Aadhya was cranky the whole night due to the pain caused by vaccination. Although, Sana gave her medicine from time and again at regular intervals, she wanted to stay beside Sana and continuously asked her to feed her or rather just have her nipples in her mouth just like a pacifier whole night.

Due to this Sana spent a sleepless night and was tired and sleepy. She had upper and lower back pain along with sore nipples. While Aadhya went to sleep early morning, Sana freshens up and dresses up in a loose fit t-shirt. She couldn't wear a bra as it was painful to wear them due to soreness. She dragged herself to the kitchen to make breakfast and lunch for Sidharth.

Sidharth woke up as usually and found Sana asleep on the dinning table while chopping the vegetables

Sidharth woke up as usually and found Sana asleep on the dinning table while chopping the vegetables. He tried pulling out the knife from her hand slowly but she woke up.

"Huh? I am sorry. I just fell asleep.", She mumbled and resumed cutting the vegetables.

"I can do the chopping", he offered to help.

"That's fine, Sidharth. I will do.", she said.

"I am making tea. Do you want some?", He asked. She really wanted something hot to gulp down her throat so she nodded yes.

"Did she have a fever last night?", He asked putting tea into the boiling water.

"Hmmm.. she is fine now", she said.

"Hmmm..", he hummed. There was some silence between the two.

"Sana, I am really very fortunate and grateful for having you take care of Aadhya. I was a mess with parenting but you have been taking care of her like her own mother. I know, I pay you salary but it's really nothing infront of the work you do...", He turns around with the tea in two mug and finds her drowsing with knife in her hand. His heart wrenched to find her so fatigued. Before he could approach her and grab her knife, she dozes and cuts her finger. She shrieks.

"Sanaaa..", Sidharth puts down the cup and runs towards her. He presses a tissue against the wound and holds it tightly to stop the bleeding.

"Sana, how can you be so careless? I told you this earlier as well, that I pay you only for nanny job. Why can't you just mind your own job? What are you trying to prove by doing all the work all alone? Who are you trying to impress by this?", He scolds her in a flow.

Sana was already irritated due to sleep deprivation, him scolding was just like adding salt and spice over the wound. Her eyes welled up and unable to hold back her tears she ran into her room. He realises that he had gone overboard and shouldn't have scolded her.

He goes behind her with the tea mug and first aid box. When he enters the room, she turns her back to him and wipes her tears.

"Sana... Sana.. are you crying?", He asked.