Epilogue

"Maa.. how are you?", Asked Sana from the other side of the cell.

"I am alright my child. How are you Sana?", Sunaina looked at her daughter.

"I am fine maa..", replied Sana.

"You haven't married yet?", Asked Sunaina looking at Sana's empty neck.

"Not yet amma. I had pleaded to court to sanction your parole to attend my wedding. You know maa, the court has sanctioned it as well.", Said Sana.

"Does it mean, I can see you get married?", Asked Sunaina with wide eyes.

"Yes, maa.. you would be released on parole for 5 days so you can attend all the functions and do the duties that a mother does on her daughter's wedding.", Said Sana. Sunaina smiled from ear to ear feeling extremely elated on the news.

"When is the wedding Sana?", Asked Sunaina.

"Next week. You will be released monday morning. Are you happy maa?", Asked Sana.

"The mere news of you getting married would have made me happy but hearing that I can be a part of it, makes me feel on the top of the world. I shall be waiting.", Said Sunaina.

"See you soon maa.", Said Sana touching her hands through the bars.

.
.
.

It was the day of their marriage. They didn't have a big guest list but just her mother, Sunaina; his friend, Chandini; and their daughter, Aadhya. The reason was simple, they didn't want any outsider talking ill about their relationship, Aadhya's identity or her mother's character. The two lady constables kept Sunaina under their supervision all the time.

The blissful wedding came to closure as Sidharth tied the black beaded necklace around her neck and filed the partition of her hair with red vermilion.

Aadhya grabbed the handful of flower petals in her tiny hands and showered it on her parents following her grandmother's lead. However she didn't stop until she emptied the entire plate full of petals. Once empty, she threw tantrums asking for more petals making everyone laugh at her cute antics. Sunaina happily blessed the newly wedded couple when they bowed down to touch her feet.

Sunaina kept company with Aadhya allowing Sidharth and Sana privacy to celebrate their nuptial night.

"Sana, I am so happy today. I've officially got my own family today. The family I yearned for years. Our unnamed relationship has finally got a name today. Congratulations Wifey.", He said embracing his blushing wife in his arms.

"Kullu, Chandini told me that she is going back to States. I was thinking if we could sell our property and settle elsewhere. Our past shouldn't hamper our children's future. I don't want our kids to suffer like us.", Said Sana.

"I am with you Sana. My home is you. I am happy to be with you and Aadhya, be it be in any part of the world.", He replied.

"I love you Kullu.", She said.

"I love you too Annapurna.", He said followed by a brief silence.

"Sana.."

"Hmmm?"

"Did you say children? Did I hear you say kids?", He asked.

Her lips formed curve and she blushingly nodded.

"Okay, your wish is my command wifey.", He said sweeping her off her feet and making her giggle. Their intense stare soon turned into an intense kiss followed by an even intense love making session.

Though they slept in each other's embrace, when he woke up, he found himself alone in the bed. He went in search of her and found her lying on her mother's lap in other room and Sunaina patting her forehead gently. He walked in and laid his head besides Sana on Sunaina's lap. Sana gently smiled looking at him while Sunaina patted him with another hand.

"Sidharth, I won't ask you to take good care of my daughter because I know Sana had been doing it herself for all this years. I would just bless you to stay together in happiness and sadness. You are each other's strength as well as weakness, so hold on to each other.", Said Sunaina.

"We will maa..", they both answered Sunaina in unison.

"..and don't you ever worry about me. I am genuinely happy that my daughter's life didn't turn out to be like mine. I made some worst decisions in life and had pushed her into one as well. But I am glad she made it out of it. I will keep y'all in my prayers and blessings. Be happy my children.", She kissed their forehead.

"Ma'am, there is someone at the door wanting to meet Sunaina aunty.", Said the maid.

"Me? Who?", Asked Sunaina.

"She said her name is Mala Patel.", Said the maid.

"Ma..la.. Patel?", Sunaina's mouth fell open agape in shock.

"Who is she, Maa?", Asked Sana.

"Huh? Aaa.. Dilip's wife..", Sunaina mumbled getting up from her place and racing to the hall.

"Sunaina..", the lady dressed in white looked at her with a defeated eyes.

"What's the matter? Why are you so depressed?", Asked Sunaina.

"Sunaina.. Karan.. Karan met with an accident. Please save him, I.. I beg you.", Pleaded Mala with tear filled eyes.

"Karan? My child.. What is required of me Mala? I can do anything for him.", Said Sunaina.

"He needs a liver transplant at the earliest. I would have given a part of mine, if I could. However, I couldn't as I didn't give him birth.", Said Mala.

"I'll give him mine.", Sunaina said immediately.

"Aunty, I am sorry if you feel I am interrupting in your personal matter but as a doctor I can tell you that, your age won't permit you to do organ donation.", Asked Chandini who was also present.

"In that case, I will donate my liver. Karan is my brother.", Said Sana.

"Sana.. how can you, my child? You are just starting your new life.", Asked Sunaina in dilemma.

"I don't want to spend my life in repentance maa, when I have an opportunity to save him.. I want to do this..", said Sana.

"Please child, I will be ever indebted to you.", Mala folded her hand.

"I've always longed to see my brother all this year, Aunty. Will you allow me to see him once please. Only once, from far. I promise, I will never disturb you and his life.", Sana requests.

"Don't make me feel more ashamed, my child. Years back I thought, your mother and your existence will bring a curse upon us, but today your existence is a blessing to us. I had been struggling to find a donor for so many days now. When I happened to stumble upon your and Sunaina's news, I found hope.", Said Mala.

.
.
.

Sana tied rakhi on Karan's wrist and fed him sweet.

"Sana di, I really didn't know what I would give you as a gift, after you gave me the gift of life. After a lot of pondering, I finally took help of Sidharth Jiju, and here is my gift.", He said.

"What is it?", Sana looked at the gift curiously with a huge smile.

"Open it and see for yourself.", Said Karan.

Sana opened it and out came an album which had his childhood pictures in it. Her eyes shined bright looking at those memories. She yearned to see him all this years and this gift was all she wanted.

"How is it?", Karan asked.

"It's awesome!!", Sana hugged the album to her chest and danced in joy. She went and hugged Sidharth and placed a pressing hard kiss on his cheeks.

"What did I do to get this love?", Asked Sidharth.

"It was your idea right?", She said and he smiled nodding his head.

"Sana di, do you really want to move out of India? Why can't you stay close to us?", Asked Karan.

"If it wasn't for Aadhya, I would have never gone Karan. But I will come to see you and maa.", Said Sana and hugged her little brother.

And thus, away from their motherland, they start their new journey with love and togetherness finding solace in each other's love.

____________

❤️Solace in Love❤️