Chapter 13 Therapeutic

"I'm bored." Dabi whined for the eighth time that hour. Tomura was tired of hearing the other man complain. "Then find something to do." Tomura replied annoyed just as he had eight times before. Tomura was sitting outside under a tree reading a book while Dabi bothered him with his whining.

Dabi was about to open his mouth a few minutes later Tomura shushed him. "Hey, you can't-" Dabi said he was interrupted by Tomura. "I can and I will let's ride then since you can't shut up. I've been dying to go into town for a while." Tomura said he closed his book putting it in his satchel that he was going to use it if he found anything interesting in town he wanted to buy.

"I find it amusing how just a month ago you hated reading. Look at you now creep you read almost every afternoon now. All thanks to me." Dabi said he puffed out his chest in pride. "Shut up Dabi let's go." Tomura growled as he made his way down to the stables.

Dabi grumbled but he followed him. He had agreed to tolerate the other man however they still weren't friends. Toga wasn't his friend either he told himself. She had managed to worm her way into being his friend actually. Not that he'd admit it. He supposed she wasn't that bad when she managed to shut for a change.

Tomura saddled up Void and another horse it was pure white he couldn't recall his name for the life of him. Dabi had trouble getting his horse's saddle on. "Here let me help you." Tomura said he put his hands over Dabi's trying to direct him where to go.

Dabi's eyes widened he freaked out ripping his hands away from Tomura's grasp. Tomura looked shocked as well but he quickly recovered. "I'm just trying to help jackass." Tomura snapped. "Don't touch me without asking." Dabi growled setting his hand on fire.

"Okay okay sorry jeez." Tomura said Dabi knew that was the best apology he was going to get from the prince. Dabi struggled with the saddle for several more minutes he was stuck on how to get the cinch on right. Tomura sighed he was ready to go he was tired of watching Dabi struggle.

"Can I just do it for you?" Tomura asked annoyed his patience was running thin. "No." Dabi said he grinned when he heard Tomura groan. Dabi's smiled quickly vanished he got frustrated at not being able to figure it out. "Okay help me!" Dabi said throwing his hands up in the air exasperated.

Tomura grinned at Dabi before he finished. Dabi glared at the man Tomura was happy to have proven Dabi wrong. Dabi hoisted himself up into the saddle after several tries. They both rode into town in silence. It was interrupted once they got to the store.

"I need to get some cooking supplies for Toga." Dabi said before he jumped off his horse to the nearest shop. Tomura was left alone their not being a thing he could do to stop the man had he wanted to since Dabi hadn't gave him a chance to react.

Dabi came back out a few minutes later with a sack of things. "What all you got?" Tomura asked curiously. "Just the stuff used to cook eggs, milk, flour etc." Dabi said he put the sack on his saddle bag they made sure to ride careful after that. "I think the palace should buy some chickens and cows. It would make less trips into town as well as would be less expensive." Dabi said he wouldn't mind having another thing to do with his evenings.

Surely taking care of a chicken couldn't be that hard right? Even if he hadn't taken care of another living being he was sure he could figure it out. He'd managed to keep himself alive if anything. He was going to request some animals. They did have a barn that only had a couple of horses.

"Toga's your friend right?" Tomura asked Dabi. "Not really just an annoying little pest." Dabi said he meant to sound angry but his tone was devoid of any real hatred. "So friend got it." Tomura said he saw Toga following Dabi around like she was his shadow.

"Spinner's your friend right? Don't think that I don't know about your evening trips to the stables." Dabi said he grinned when he saw Tomura tense up. "How did you?" Tomura asked he thought he had left all his tracks hidden. Dabi smiled at him, "I know how to follow people without making a sound. You should really try harder." Dabi said he was amused at the situation Tomura found himself in.

Silence was the only thing that followed after their conversation. Tomura told Dabi he'd be right back he hoped off his horse to go into a store. Dabi was alone in town with a horse. He had a chance to escape. Dabi looked at the shop door nervously to make sure Tomura wasn't going to come out. He saw a glance of him from the store window he was still looking for something.

Part of Dabi still wanted to run away. The other part of him didn't mind staying. At least he had a sorta friend now and wasn't hated by everyone he lived with. It wasn't much of an accomplishment but it was better than previously. Dabi almost never saw his siblings except for Natsuo.

Dabi felt his heart ache at the thought of Natsuo. He wanted to see his brother he hadn't seen him in two months. The decision was made for him. Tomura came out of the shop he got into Void's saddle. He sighed, "They didn't have the thing I wanted." He said annoyed.

"What did you want?" Dabi asked curiously. "Their is a ball I must attend tomorrow. You were invited or more well forced to come by All For One. Something about keeping up appearances that the marriage they forced us into is working out." Tomura said he didn't look happy to attend.

"Okay fantastic." Dabi said sarcastically. A evening full rich people who he didn't want to be around. "That still doesn't answer what you were looking for." Dabi said he wanted to know. "I was looking for fabric for a suit." Tomura said they started riding back towards the palace. "Why?" Dabi asked. "For you." Tomura said he didn't elaborate even if Dabi bugged him.