Chapter 15 Treacherous Adventures

"Woah I knew their was a garden but I didn't know it was this big." Dabi said amazed. The palace's garden was beautiful flowers in full bloom due to the warm Spring weather. Their were roses near the fountain and a small bench. This would be a relaxing spot to read at. Dabi filed that piece of information away for later.

They continued walking still holding one another hands as Tomura lead him there the garden. Both of them didn't speak a word the moment was peacefully Dabi looked at all the different types of flowers. Their were multiple color and types Dabi would have to look at them closer some time.

"So I take it that you like it?" Tomura asked curiously. "Yeah, I do." Dabi said he looked amazed at all the different types of flowers he'd never seen so many in one place at once. "That's good I'm glad you do." Tomura said he sent Dabi a look he didn't understand.

"What?" Dabi asked confused. Tomura shook his head part of his hair fell over his eyes. "Nothing let's just enjoy our walk." Tomura said he lead towards a downed tree that was large enough to walk across. It surfaced as a bridge for someone to walk across the lake that was near the garden.

Dabi looked down at the water nervously. He had always hated swimming even before he had gotten his quirk. Without his quirk he felt helpless so he often avoided water unless it was to take a bath. Plus he couldn't swim that well.

Tomura squeezed Dabi's hand encouragingly. Dabi looked into his eyes for a moment he felt the opposite of encouraged. He felt embarrassed that someone was witnessing his fear of water. He felt it was stupid and ashamed for being terrified of something most people didn't even bat a eye at.

"We don't have to cross if you don't want to." Tomura said he brushed his hair back behind his ears he wanted to he able to read Dabi so he could tell what he was thinking. "No, it's okay let's go." Dabi said he puffed out his chest before taking a hesitant step onto the downed tree. He let go of Tomura's hand in the process.

Dabi didn't look down he kept his head up only checking occasionally to see where he was placing his feet. "I'm almost there!" Dabi yelled excitedly he only needed one more step before he made it to the other side. "Just one more step." Tomura said he wasn't that far from Dabi to make sure he didn't accidentally fall in.

Dabi however felt his foot give out from under him the tree was wet from a recent rain. Dabi didn't even have the chance to scream the drop was so sudden. Tomura reached out reflexively grabbing onto Dabi's arm. Tomura had luckily worn his gloves he had to due to being in a public space.

"Don't you dare fucking drop me!" Dabi yelled he closed his eyes as he chanced a look down. The water wasn't to far down Dabi knew he was being dramatic but he didn't care. He didn't trust anything that doused his flames and not being able to swim didn't help.

"I'm not quit complaining!" Tomura growled he was tempted to drop Dabi. "Help me up." Dabi said he tried to find purchase on the side of the tree he his foot slipped making him go right back to hanging over the side of the tree with only Tomura keeping him from falling.

"You're heavy I can't keep a hold of you." Tomura said his arms were already straining from holding onto Dabi for this long. "Pull me up!" Dabi said he had his eyes closed and refused to open them now. "I can't! We weigh the same and even then no way my scrawny ass is pulling you up staple face!" Tomura said looks like they were going back to their old bickering.

"At least I'm not-" Dabi began he was cut off when he heard the sound of fabric ripping. Dabi felt himself falling once more he panicked as he hit the water. Water surrounded him he tried to swim to the surface but it felt like the water was making his clothes were weighing him down.

Dabi choked on water as he didn't have time to close his mouth. Tomura looked in shock at the torn piece of fabric he was holding. One second Dabi had been there the next he wasn't. "Eh, he'll be fine dramatic baby this is the shallow end." Tomura said to himself shrugging.

His nerves began to set in after he didn't see Dabi come up for several long seconds. "Fuck me." Tomura said he knew Dabi wasn't coming up without his help. Tomura sighed he held his breath as he jumped off the tree. Tomura saw a familiar blue coat he cursed out Dabi in his head as he swam them both up to the surface.

Dabi clung to Tomura like a scared kitten that had its first bath all the way to the nearby bank. He almost caused Tomura to drop them both back into the water several times since he refused to move because he couldn't walk evidently. Tomura dropped the man onto the bank he laid down beside him breathing heavily from the strain of carrying Dabi.

"I hate you so much right now." Tomura said but it lacked his usual venom. "Feelings mutual, creep." Dabi said he put his hand over his eyes he wanted to avoid Tomura's gaze after the embarrassing incident. "You are aware you could have stood up? That was the shallow part of the lake." Tomura said he wasn't amused his clothes were soaked now thanks to Dabi.

"Eh, shut up." Dabi said he felt his cheeks hear up in embarrassment. Tomura laughed he found he wasn't that angry just a little annoyed. "Let's get back, yeah? Save our treacherous adventures in the garden for another day?" Tomura asked teasingly. Dabi cursed him out but took his hand as they walked back to the palace.