Chapter 21 Planning

Tomura jumped as Dabi ran into his room. The man looked panicked he had smoke rolling off his body he was about to set himself aflame. Tomura dropped the book he was reading onto his bed he stood up. "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

Dabi leaned against the wall for a moment to breathe. He left scorch marks on Tomura's wall Tomura really didn't care though. "All For One has fallen ill." Dabi said between deep breaths. Tomura raised a eyebrow giving Dabi an unimpressed look.

"Okay and I care because?" Tomura asked annoyed he was annoyed his reading had been interrupted as something he didn't care about had been the cause. "It's worse than just a fever." Dabi said he gave Tomura a serious look.

"I still don't care about the old bastard he can die for all I care." Tomura said shrugging he plopped back down on his bed resuming his previous spot in his book. Dabi yanked the book from his hands throwing it across the room it smacked against the wall before falling to the floor.

"What the hell?!" Tomura asked he was about to demand why Dabi had done that when the man interrupted him. "They want you to act as acting king." Dabi said he winced as he saw all the color drain from Tomura's face. "I d-don't want to be king." Tomura said he already wanted to hide away and it hadn't even been announced to the public yet.

Dabi shot Tomura a sympathetic look he brought the man into his arms hoping to offer him some comfort. "I know you don't but you have to." Dabi said he rested his head on top of Tomura's. Tomura sighed he knew their wasn't a way out of this.

His eyes widened their was technically. He could run away for a few days until it all blew over. Tomura hated the idea of being king for even a day. Most people wanted the role would kill for it. Not Tomura. He had been groomed for years to be the perfect ruler in All For One's eyes. He didn't want to hurt people the way he had.

All For One had used his power to hurt so many people. Tomura was worried he would somehow end up like him. He knew to most people it was a stupid thought. But it wouldn't leave his head as long as he thought about it. Tomura didn't want to be corrupt. Tomura didn't want to hurt anyone he didn't have to.

Dabi patted him on the back before letting go. Tomura found he missed Dabi's embrace instantly as soon as they were separated. He didn't say anything he would be to embarrassed to and his mind was currently preoccupied with other things. Tomura would leave as soon as night came he decided. He was leaving for a while.

"What are you gonna do?" Dabi asked curiously he hated the far off look in Tomura's eyes. Dabi was confused when he saw Tomura smile slightly. "I'm not going to be king." He said leaving Dabi confused as he left his room leaving Dabi standing their alone. Dabi decided not to look into Tomura's cryptic response for the time being he had a matter of his own to attend to.

Dabi needed a distraction the palace had made security stronger due to All For One's bad health. Dabi wanted to get out he had a plan. Hopefully, it worked he didn't need to be interrogated about where he was going right now. Dabi missed his siblings dearly. Especially, Natsuo. So, he planned to see them.

Tomura packed everything he could think of that he'd need. A couple changes of clothing, basic medical supplies, money, food and water. "What are you doing here Tomu?" Toga asked Tomura tensed up. "I'm leaving for a while don't tell anyone or else I'll kill you." Tomura said his threat didn't have it's usual bite because he was distracted looking threw the cabinets.

"Oh, here take this!" Toga said he grabbed something from a different cabinet. Tomura took it from her, "Thanks." He said. "No problem is their anything else you need?" Toga asked curiously. "Water will be about it." Tomura said he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible he decided to wait for dark where he couldn't be seen nearly as well.

Dabi had successfully gotten out of the palace by himself. He'd knocked the guards out since it was easier than crafting a solution for a distraction. Dabi rode a horse it would take him a while to get their about a two hour ride.

Dabi knew his dad would be busy checking papers about how the fire kingdoms finances were going like he did most evenings. He also had the advantage of knowing the palace like the back of his hand since he lived their for nineteen years of his life.

Dabi walked straight up to the door. "Business?" One of the guards asked Dabi he had to look down to see him. Dabi scoffed, "Business? Wow, I thought as the king's son I'd be welcome into my own house." Dabi said dramatically acting like he was offended. "Weren't you the one who was married off-" The guard began but they were cut off.

"Let me in I won't ask again." Dabi said he smiled at the guard he lit his hand on fire. The guard stared at him unimpressed. "Leave before I call for backup." He said not even sparing Dabi a glance even as he protested. Dabi walked around the corner he needed to come up with a better plan.

Dabi grinned he knew his entrance immediately. He grabbed a small rock he aimed it at Natsuo's window. Dabi saw the curtains move back as Natsuo looked out to see what had hit his window. Natsuo's eyes went wide Dabi couldn't hear what he said but he could see him mouth his name.

Natsuo was gone a second later he would be down soon enough. Dabi walked right back up to the palace doors. "That's my brother let him in." Natsuo said to the guard who obediently stepped aside. Dabi shot him a smug grin as he walked by he chuckled as he felt the guard glaring at the back of his head.