Chapter 16 Blurred Lines

Warnings: transphobic comment and mentions of abuse

"I swear if you don't find a book you like soon I'm going to grab one for you randomly." Spinner said exasperated he had watched his friend pick up the same book five different times. "Don't rush me I only like certain books is that my problem?" Tomura asked he had taken up the habit of reading but he still was picky about what he read.

Spinner cheered as Tomura finally payed for a book. Tomura rolled his eyes he got up on his horse before riding off. Both of the friends were in town hanging out and Tomura had took forever to find a book he wanted. All For One was at some diplomatic meeting with the Fire Kingdom during his absence Tomura decided to hang out with his friend not at the stables for once.

Tomura liked the outting they both talked constantly about anything. Plus it was nice to be away from Kurogiri's constant watch and the same old scenery. With All For One gone Tomura let his guard down more. He relaxed for the first time for the better part of a week after the ball.

After the ball had been fine he had spent it with Dabi in the gardens. Even if Dabi had been dramatic in the water Tomura found the situation more hilarious than annoying. When he'd gotten back All For One had interrogated him on where he had been. He'd lied saying he had fled to his room.

All For One read threw the lie easily he had been confined to his room up. He technically wasn't supposed to be out still but he'd snuck off when no one was looking. Tomura rubbed his cheek he winced as he remembered exactly how All For One had took his frustrations out on him.

The meaning of his wince didn't pass by Spinner. His lips set into a frown he looked away so that he wouldn't have to see his friends hurt look. Spinner knew about All For One's abuse he could do nothing if he wanted to live. All For One had a tendency to kill anyone who didn't agree with him. He made sure they were never found.

Spinner shivered he didn't want to think of All For One's anger if he stood up to him. Spinner didn't know how his friend did it. Maybe, Tomura was braver than him or just pure reckless. Spinner liked to think it was bravery but Kurogiri said it was recklessness.

"You know if you ever need anything let me know." Spinner said he didn't say why he had said that but judging from Tomura's surprised look he guessed he had gotten the meaning. "I- I'll be fine but thanks Spinner really. Theirs nothing you can do about it though." Tomura said he met his friends gaze he looked sad.

"I wish their truly was." Spinner said in a apologetic tone. He felt bad he couldn't help his friend. He had to stand by while someone hurt him both mentally and physically. Spinner had seen Tomura after a bad encounter with All For One. Spinner had tried to comfort him on several occasions it never worked. He had to come out of it all on his own.

Tomura kicked his horse it started into a trot. Spinner had to hurriedly catch up to him he hadn't been prepared to have to chase after him. Once he caught up Spinner tried to see what his friend was doing. "Hey, why are you going fast?" Spinner asked by now Tomura was at a run. Spinner adjusted his position in the saddle he yelped as he almost fell off.

Tomura suddenly slowed Spinner's horse almost bumped into his from the abrupt stop. "I wanted to get Dabi something. The store closes in a few minutes I just now remembered it." Tomura said he handed Spinner his reins before rushing inside with his satchel that carried all his money.

Spinner stared at the reins in shock Tomura had once again given him no time to react. Instead of being annoyed Spinner just shook his head fondly. At least being around Tomura wasn't boring. The man was always keeping him on his toes with his unexpected actions.

It fit his personality Spinner thought amused. Spinner waited several minutes for his friend to come out. Eventually Tomura did Spinner was confused when he held several rolls of blue fabric. "His coat ripped last week after the ball." Tomura explained when he noticed Spinner's confused look.

Tomura tied the fabric to his saddle he hoped it wouldn't fall. Tomura got back on his horse he glanced at Spinner out of the corner of his eye. "I know you're confused." Tomura said he sighed. "No kidding since when did you and Dabi become buddies?" Spinner asked curiously.

  Tomura was about to get defensive of his other friend his eyes widened as he realized Spinner wasn't about to insult him. He was just generally curious. Tomura let out a relived sigh he retold the story about the dinner how Kurogiri had made them get along and up until now. "Wow that is impressive. I thought you two would never get along." Spinner said shrugging.

"You should have saw us take the horses into town last week." Tomura said Spinner was always at the stables during the day unless he was sick. Spinner blushed rubbing the back of his neck. "I may have fallen asleep." Spinner said he gave his friend a smile.

Tomura rolled his eyes, "Way to let anyone steal the horses." Tomura said teasingly. Spinner was about to retort when someone walked up to them. He was tall and had muscles Spinner hid behind his horse the stranger had an intimidating aura about him. Even Spinner's horse eyes him wearily.

Tomura however didn't blink an eye as the guy walked over. Tomura glared down at him he must know who he was Spinner thought. "Oh, well if it's isn't the little of prince. It heard you're married to a cross dressing freak now." The stranger said he grinned at Tomura's glare.

"Go away Muscular or you'll regret it." Tomura growled his eyes turned from calm to angry in seconds. "Aw what are you gonna do about it? I'm so scared of you and your freak." Muscular said he took a step closer to Tomura. Instead of being intimidated like Muscular wanted him to be Tomura pulled off his glove.

"Let's go then if your so confident." Tomura said his gaze was once again non readable but Spinner could tell he was angry from the tone of his voice. Spinner waited until no one was watching as he got back up on his horse riding quickly. He needed help or someone was going to die. Tomura had chosen to get into a fight over Dabi's honor.