Chapter 22 Journey

"I can't beilve that you're here!" Natsuo said they had both gone up to Natsuo's room to make sure Enji didn't know Dabi was there. "I had to sneak away so be glad little bro." Dabi said he smiled at his brother. "I'm not the little one anymore." Natsuo chuckled when Dabi glared at him.

"I'm still older." Dabi said annoyed that he was being teased about being shorter than his little brother. "I know I'm just messing with you." Natsuo said he ruffled Dabi's hair. "Don't do that." Dabi said but their was no venom in his voice.

"So how's your husband? Is it as bad as you thought?" Natsuo asked. Dabi felt his face heat up at Tomura being described as his husband. He supposed it was true but he didn't think about it often. He still wished they hadn't been forced to marry each other mostly because he hated the idea of anyone being forced. Then again he didn't regret meeting Tomura either.

"Don't call him that and we're friends." Dabi said shrugging like he didn't care. "Hm, sure you should have seen you face when I said he was your husband." Natsuo said trying not to laugh. "Shut up Natsuo." Dabi grumbled he turned away from his brother. "You know I'm just teasing you." Natsuo said pulling his brother into a hug.

"I know but still shut up." Dabi said he smiled slightly. "I've got to go it's getting late." Dabi said he glanced at the window the sun was setting. "Okay see you some other time." Natsuo said sadly he punched Dabi in the shoulder. "Ow, bye." Dabi said he gave his brother one last hug before Natsuo lead him outside of the castle.

Dabi got back on his horse which he'd tied to a tree a little way in the forest so it wasn't spotted. Dabi rode fast he wanted to get back to Tomura as soon as possible. As soon as the sun completely set behind the horizon Dabi arrived at the stable to put his horse away.

Dabi jumped as he heard something crash someone in the stable. "Who's there?" Dabi asked he lit up his hand illuminating the barn in a eerie blue light. Dabi was shocked to see Tomura standing next to a downed pile of shovels. "What are you doing here?" Tomura asked as he looked at Dabi confused.

"I would like you to a answer that first." Dabi said he motioned with his hand for Tomura to talk first. Tomura rolled his eyes but he relented with a sigh. "Don't tell anyone but I'm leaving. If All For One dies I'm screwed. I don't want to be king. I won't be king. Not after the things I've seen him do." Tomura said he avoided eye contact with Dabi.

Dabi put his hand on Tomura's shoulder he looked at him with a determined gaze. "You aren't like him you never will be. My dad's a piece of shit so I vowed to never have kids. But we aren't them so we can do whatever the hell we want. If you want to leave I won't stop you. Go find what you're looking for out there." Dabi said he was determined not to let Tomura think like that.

"I know I'm not. That's why I don't want to be king so I don't become that." Tomura said he finally looked Dabi in the eyes he had tears in the corner of his eyes. Dabi walked closer to Tomura until they were only a few inches apart. Tomura surprised Dabi by pulling him into a hug.

He hid his face in Dabi's neck muffling his words Dabi was still able to make them out. "Thanks." Tomura said his voice was toneless but Dabi knew he meant it. "Anything for you, princess." Dabi said smiling slightly. Tomura backed away a few steps he rolled his eyes fondly a small hint of a smile on his face.

"Okay I have to go before someone notices I'm missing." Tomura said he got into Void's saddle. "Wait aren't you gonna take Raze?" Dabi asked confused. "She's to small to ride besides I know Spinner will take care of her until I come back or even if I don't." Tomura said he was sad to leave his horse but he had to leave.

Dabi had a conflicted look in his eyes Tomura couldn't place. "I have nothing here. As far as I'm concerned your the best person who's come into my life since coming here." Dabi said confusing Tomura. Dabi put his foot in the saddle stirrup he hoisted himself into his horse's saddle.

"Let's go." Dabi said he wanted to go wherever Tomura went. Tomura was one of his only friends and he felt saddened by Tomura leaving forever. "What?" Tomura asked shocked. "Well quit staring we have distance to cover so they don't catch us. Let's go!" Dabi said not giving Tomura a chance to react as he kicked his horse hard making it go into a run.

"Hey, wait up!" Tomura said as he kicked his horse into a run trying to catch up to Dabi. Tomura shook his head fondly as he finally caught up to Dabi. "You didn't give me a chance to say you could come asshole." Tomura said laughing. Dabi shrugged, "Didn't want to take the chance you'd say no." He said.

"I wouldn't do that." Tomura said he sounded almost offended Dabi had suggested that. Dabi felt his heart beat faster in his chest, "Really?" He asked hopefully. "If theirs one person I would bring on my journey to who knows where it is you." Tomura confessed he felt his cheeks heat up at his confession.

"Hm, lucky me." Dabi said sarcastically. Tomura chuckled he glanced up at the full moon. "Yeah, lucky you." Tomura said fondly. Dabi glanced up to confused at what Tomura was looking at. "What are you looking at?" Dabi asked. "Something beautiful." Tomura said shifting his gaze directly onto Dabi.