Chapter Nine

"Wow, so you have to work with him for this fundraiser?" Mandy shrieked out as if it was the most horrible thing she has heard in her entire life and it only made me feel worse. We were back at my house, just chilling and doing absolutely nothing. Cara and Jenny were out on dates and even though I didn't mind it that much, a part of me was slightly jealous that I was single. I've never been single and it felt weird to be spending time all by myself these days.

"Yeah, it's so annoying and I have no choice. You guys gave me a really stupid idea. Now, I bet he will tell Principal Brown if I don't work with him." I whined, getting up from the bed and walked towards the dressing table.

"Dammit, does he like you or something? Is that why he is trying to spend more time with you?" Mandy asked with a puzzled look on her face and I was glad that she was actually concerned about me. Cara and Jenny always think about themselves first but not Mandy. I could always count on her.

"Come on, Mandy. I don't think so. He hates me and thinks I'm some dumb blonde chick."

"Trust me, you are so much more than that and he is stupid to not see it. Maybe he still wants revenge," she suggested and I just let out a huge sigh, feeling tired.

"Whatever, I just want to get it over with as soon as possible." I said, combing my hair and she nodded her head in understanding.

I had a bad feeling about fraternising with the enemy when I should be plotting his revenge.

Why is it so hard to get rid of his nerd?

A nerd who looks good without glasses and you enjoyed kissing him, my inner self mocked at me and I immediately shook my head, stopping my mind from going there.

"I think I need a hair cut."

"Yeah but long hair suits you, babe."

I kept staring at myself in the mirror and imagined myself with short hair. I think it would look pretty good on me but I wasn't that gutsy so I brushed that thought aside.

"Alright, wanna stay for dinner? Mary must have prepared something." I offered Mandy but she shook her head and collected her things to leave.

"I'm good, Chloe. I need to go babysit a five year old kid. Do you wanna come? It will be fun."

I had nothing else better to do anyway so why the hell not?!

"Sure, let's go. I'm bored anyway." I smiled and quickly grabbed my purse and phone before we locked my bedroom door behind us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you get paid well through babysitting?" I asked as we drove towards the house that she entered in the GPS system.

"Yeah, it's enough to help me manage my own expenses and this app is really cool. I always get atleast one client a day." She explained, showing me the app on her phone and I wondered how different my life would have been if I weren't rich. It was times like this when I felt grateful for my dad for giving me this life but I wanted him more in life than his money.

Heck, I wouldn't mind babysitting or working any part time jobs if that's what it took for my dad to spend time with me. I wanted to tell him that he doesn't have to work hard always.

"Stop, Chloe. We are here." Mandy yelled, making me hit the brakes and I was too caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realise that we had reached the destinations which looked weirdly familiar.

"Have we come here before?" I asked Mandy as we got out of my car and I walked along with her towards the door.

"I don't think so. This is my first time babysitting in this house as well."