Chapter Thirteen

"Dylan was good for nothing. Tyler must think I'm faking it for sure." I was pacing around in my room and Cara just shrugged in response.

"Hey, you can't blame me if you guys don't know to act well."

"I can't kiss some douche even if it's just acting. That's disgusting, Cara." I frowned in response and took a deep breath to calm myself as I was still thinking about Tyler's almost kiss in the library.

God, I wanted to kiss that asshole again.

"You kissed Tyler. Isn't he a douche as well?" Jenny asked with a wink and I placed my hands on my hips and gave her a glare.

"Yeah but..umm...well,he happened to be a good kisser." I muttered and Cara gasped in response.

"Ha, I knew it. You like the nerd, don't you?" Jenny squealed in excitement and Mandy was surprising quiet throughout our conversation.

"He is an asshole that's for sure but I can't seem to get him off my mind. It's so annoying and he almost kissed me today." I freaked out and everyone looked at me with their eyes wide open in shock. I explained to them the whole scenario of what happened back at the library and Cara raised her eyebrows.

"Okay, that sounds hot. Who knew the nerd had it in him?!" Cara smirked and I tried to hide the blush from my face.

Oh God! Now, he is making me blush as well.

"Oh my God, you totally like the douche. I honestly don't get it, babe but no judgements." Jenny stated and I laid down on the bed with a loud groan.

"Same, Jenny. I don't get it as well but he makes me all warm and fuzzy inside when I am around him. It's so crazy."

"Chloe!" Mandy yelled, stopping my ranting and we all gave her a puzzled look.

"What?"

"Do you realise that you are going on and on about Tyler? I thought he was your enemy. He humiliated you in front of the whole school." She explained, making sure I didn't forget everything and I didn't as a matter of fact. He was still my enemy but unfortunately, I was also attracted to him.

"I know, Mandy. I didn't say that I like him yet. He still annoys me to the core but I am attracted to him as well. It's complicated."

I made it clear to her and wondered why she was so concerned all of a sudden. I get that she is my friend but she seemed pretty upset which was kind of weird from my perspective.

"Whatever, just be careful." She mumbled and I went silent immediately. Mandy was so confusing and I couldn't help but wonder if she was jealous or something.

Is it possible that she likes Tyler?

I shook my head, dismissing the thought as I knew she wouldn't do that to me. She would tell me first even if she liked him. We changed the topic and started to discuss the upcoming fundraiser.

After hanging out with them for some time, I went to have some dinner that Mary had left for me. Halfway through dinner, I got a call from my dad which made me almost choke on my food in surprise. I couldn't believe my eyes and picked up the call immediately.

"Hi, sweetheart. How are you?"

I covered my mouth to hold back my sobs as I was literally hearing from him after a month. I choked back my sobs and cleared my throat before answering.

"I'm good, dad. How are you?"

"I'm fine as well, Chloe. I'm in Japan now and I just thought about the time we spent our summer vacation here as a family and I realised how I miss it."