Chapter Thirty

Five years later!

"Tim, do I really have to go?" I whined as I pushed myself off his bed and stood up to stretch my body. I have been trying to spend most of the nights at his house ever since I turned down his request to move in with him. I mean, Tim was good and there was nothing wrong with him or our six month old relationship, the longest I have been in ever since high school. We work together in the same office and we were good friends first before we started dating. It felt easy being with him and I was also feeling lonely being on my own in the city but I just felt like it was too soon to move in with him so I turned him down politely.

"Come on, babe. It's my best friend's wedding and it will be a good opportunity for me to introduce you to my friends.Plus it is in San Francisco, it will be like a little getaway." Tim popped his head from the bathroom and I gave him a small smile. I couldn't say no to that face. Tim was the guy who had this boy next door aura. He was good looking and very attractive with his deep blue eyes, dirty blonde hair and a sharp jawline.

Not as good as Tyler's though.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the tiny voice that keeps popping in my mind every now and then. It's been five years and he still haunts me. I have no idea where he is or what he is doing right now. Last I heard was that he moved away with his family again after the chaos created by Mandy back in high school. He didn't even say goodbye and he fucking ghosted me just like that.

The audacity of him and he confessed that he loved me. He was full of bullshit.

Screw him and his perfect jawline! I was over him and knowing him, he won't even remember me by now. It must have been just a high school crush for him.

"You are doing it again." I heard Tim's voice and turned my face to look at him. He was standing in front of me with just a towel around his waist. The perfect kind of distraction I needed now.

"Doing what?" I asked with a smile as I wrapped my arms around his neck and brushed my body against him purposefully. He held me against his muscular chest tightly as he let out a soft sigh.

"The zoning out thing. What's on your mind?" he asked with genuine curiosity and I bit my lips, not knowing what to respond. The fact that he had noticed it a couple of times, made me feel so bad. I couldn't obviously tell him that I just compared his jawline to my high school boyfriend's and I was thinking about how much I hated him.

"I was just thinking about this wedding. I need to go pack a lot of stuff and do my nails. You know the drill." I lied and he seemed to buy it. I swore to not think about Tyler again. I was with Tim and he was perfect. He treats me well and I enjoy being with him and that's all that mattered right now. I tried to convince myself desperately.

"Ah, I get it but just so you know, you look good as it is and it doesn't matter because you are effortlessly gorgeous." He winked, making me chuckle and I closed the distance between us by kissing him on his lips. He started to kiss me back deeply while my hands started to remove the towel that was wrapped around his waist.

"Oh God! We are going to be late for work, baby." He whispered but didn't stop me as I started to stroke him with my hands gently. He pushed me on the bed immediately while I started to remove my T-shirt and shorts. I needed this distraction now and Tim did a good job in satisfying me orally. We haven't done it yet. In fact, I haven't done it with anyone yet.

'I will be your first and last in this lifetime and that's a promise.'

Tyler's words haunted me again which only made me more angrier now. I didn't know why I was being hesitant but something keeps stopping me every time we go to that level. Tim was very understanding and didn't pressure me. Maybe this trip could be the first time we do it. It would be the first time for me as well.

Fuck you and your meaningless promises, Tyler!

————————————————————————
Tim and I worked in an advertising company and we were both pretty good at our jobs. We used to compete with each other and that's how our friendship started in the first place. It was a busy work day as usual and once we were both done with work at our office, I decided to head home to pack for the weekend and I asked Tim to pick me up on the way to the airport.

I reached my apartment which I was currently renting. I didn't want to stay at my dad's house anymore so I moved out after I got a job and decided to live on my own money and it has been great so far. The empty apartment greeted me back with a faint scent of vanilla candles.

"Home sweet home!" I whispered and started to get down to business. I decided to pack all of my good clothes for my two days getaway and had two suitcases by the end of it. I wanted to make Tim happy in this trip by giving myself to him. It's about time and he is a good guy. It means a lot to him that I come to the wedding and I wanted to make him happy by showing him how much he means to me as well.

At around 7, there was a knock on my door and I already knew who it was. I grabbed my luggage and rushed to the door.

"Coming, Tim." I called out and opened the door to find him standing with a huge smile on his face. He raised his eyebrows as he soon as he saw two of my suitcases.

"I thought I mentioned that it was a two days trip." He teased me with a chuckle as he took both the suitcases from my hand while I rolled my eyes.

"Very funny, Tim. One is for my clothes and the other one is for my shoes and accessories." I added as it was the most normal thing in the world that any girl would do. He shook his head lightly with a smile as we both stepped out of my house. I quickly locked the door behind me and turned around to look at him.

"That's it. I'm all yours for the weekend." I grinned widely at him and he leaned in to kiss me on the cheeks softly.

"You already know that I want you to be all mine forever." He stated casually with a wink before he started to walk down the hallway while I stood frozen. I was shocked by his words.

Forever? That's a lot and I wasn't sure if I was there yet.

Fuck, I wasn't sure if I will ever be there yet.