Chapter Thirty Five

A year later...

I stared at the mail in front of me and almost gagged at the sight of Tim's name. The nerve of him to invite me to his wedding after cheating on me. He was lucky to switch jobs or else he would have faced my wrath every single day.

I was trying to get back to my life after the dreadful wedding and things were going pretty smooth until this morning. The invitation made me more angry than upset and I immediately deleted it as I had no intention of attending his stupid wedding obviously. My mind went back to Tyler and his words and just like that my gaze automatically fell to his card which I had kept safely on my desk along with my other belongings. This wasn't the first time I had thought about contacting him over the year. I tried to stay strong as I didn't want him to think I was being desperate or something.

But what if he had moved on or found another girlfriend since I was making him wait for a long time?

The thought of another girl in his arms made my stomach churn in response and just like that my mood was ruined. I just wanted to log off for the day and get back to my apartment and have a nice glass of wine.

"TGIF!" I heard Cindy's high pitched tone across my desk and I groaned out loud. She has been my desk mate ever since Tim left and she adopted me as her best friend. I couldn't complain though as I loved her energy and her vibe. She was different from my high school friends who didn't give a fuck about me after the graduation and honestly, I didn't care because I knew they were hanging out with me only for my status back then but Cindy was her own person and she made me question if I was really an extrovert. This woman had twice my energy and made heads turn more than me. She was absolutely stunning with her gorgeous raven black hair, hazel brown eyes and her hour glass figure. She could easily pass off as a model but she chose brains over beauty. Something I would never understand. I would do anything for this woman but sometimes I just want to kill her, like now because I knew for a fact that she will drag me to a sleazy bar tonight just to get free drinks.

"Come on, Cindy. I have a better idea. How about we Netflix and chill at my apartment this time?"

"Babe, you are pretty and all but I don't swing that way. My definition of Netflix and chill involves a hot guy ans way less clothes so the we can..."

"Okay, I get it." I interrupted her before she could finish her sentence. Another fact about Cindy is that, she has no filter. I shook my head with a small smile and continued to do my work while I let her plan the night. I had no say in her plan but at the same time, I've had no regrets so far because I've had some crazy wild experiences with her.

Once the clock struck 6 in the evening, everyone started to leave and I closed my laptop as well. I stretched out my arms from my chair and looked down at my outfit. I was wearing business formals. I started to unbuttoned two buttons of my shirt and let down my hair to seem more casual and bar appropriate so that I wouldn't get weird glances.

"Shall we leave, m'lady?" Cindy stretched out her hand and I couldn't help but chuckle as I grabbed her hand and we both left the office immediately. Cindy was wearing a black a-line dress with a deep neckline, completely opposite to mine and I realised that she plans her outfit every Friday to hit the bar.

"I guess I need to remind you to dress like a whore every Friday." She spoke as we got inside my car and I started to laugh at response.

"Maybe you should. So, where are we going?" I asked as I started the car and ready to type in the GPS location.

"Dank. I heard that ladies have happy hour till 9 pm." She spoke without taking her eyes off her phone. She was busy texting somebody and I brushed it aside hoping it was nothing. Cindy wasn't the type to date and have a relationship. She lived her life recklessly, not caring about the consequences in the wake of her actions which made me envy her at times.

"Of course you heard." I laughed as I drove in the direction of the most popular bar in our locality.
—————————————————————————
I could heard the sound blasting from the bar as I parked the car and we both got out immediately to escape the crowd in the parking lot. Cindy started to apply another layer of lipstick while I adjusted my hair and shirt before we both walked inside. The bar was completely packed and we had to push ourselves to reach the counter and find two seats.

"Jeez, I thought we were early but these women are smarter than us."

"Yeah, I hope we get at least one free drink before 9 pm." I muttered as I scanned the crowd and Cindy stood up from her seat.

"Leave it to me, babe. I'll work my magic and get us drinks." She announced with a wink and pushed through the sweaty bodies while I laughed, rolling my eyes as I knew very well that she was going to use her boobs to get the bartender's attention.

I started scrolling through my phone, checking my mails while someone placed a drink in front of me.

"Damn, that was pretty fast, Cindy." I raised my eyebrows and looked up to find a waiter, smiling down at me. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and looked over to find that Cindy was still trying to get us drinks.

"Ummm...I didn't order this." I pushed the drink away politely but the waiter pushed it back towards me.

"Yes ma'am but the man sitting over there bought it for you and he told me to give this note." The waiter pointed to the far end of the bar and I could notice a guy wearing white shirt but his face was not visible with the smoke and the flashy lights of the bar. I looked down at the note next to the drink and picked it up slowly. I sucked in a deep breath as I noticed the familiar cursive hand writing.

It couldn't be.

'Hello, Princess.'

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes shut before lifting my gaze to meet a pair of familiar brown ones. He was sitting right next to me now with a gorgeous smile adorning his perfect face that made my heart skip a beat if that was even possible.

"Tyler!"

"You can breathe now, princess. It is me." He replied with a small chuckle and I finally let out my breath that I didn't know I was holding. What was he doing here? How did he even find me? He doesn't live in New York. Millions of questions started to swim around in my head.

"Wha—I mean how? Wait, what are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"Relax, I am not stalking you or anything. I just moved here for work last week and I was getting drinks with my new boss. I just saw you and I obviously wanted to buy you a drink. I hope that's okay." He explained and my face fell a bit due to the disappointment.

Of course, he didn't track me down because he was going crazy about me. He has a job and a life. He wasn't insane like me.

"Oh yeah of course. That's completely fine. I was just startled and surprised to see you here."

"Me too. Trust me, I had to fight every single urge in my body to track you down and find you ever since I landed in New York. Guess, the universe had a plan of its own. I found you somehow." He added with a small smile and I noticed his gaze fall down to my lips. Heat pooled between my legs by just that single glance from him. God knows what would happen if I let him touch me.

"I guess so." I whispered, trying to hide my own smile as I didn't want him to know the effect he still on me. I need to stop blushing like an idiot in the first place.

"You look so beautiful and so much better than the last time I saw you. How have you been you know..since everything?" He asked with genuine concern in his eyes and I just wanted to get out of seat and hug him tightly to let him know that I was doing fine now that he was here.

"Damn, girl! You work faster than me. Who is this sexy hunk?"

Shit! Cindy always had the perfect timing.

She has no idea about Tyler and I noticed him, giving us both an amusing look from the corner of my eye.

This is going to be an interesting night.