Chapter Twenty Nine

I went straight to her house because I wanted to know. I wanted to know if I had lost two people that mattered the most to me. I tried to convince myself that it was all a coincidence and Mandy had nothing to do with it but the more I got closer to her house, the more I was starting to believe that she was somehow behind the whole mess.

But why?

What was her motive? Either she is crazy or she is in love with Tyler or she really didn't do it.

I stopped the car right in front of her house and got out, feeling nervous and anxious at the same time. What if I lose her as well by accusing her? My mind was all scrambled and I didn't know who to believe anymore. I slowly walked towards the door and rang the doorbell with my heart in my throat.

"Be cool! It's fine." I whispered to myself and the door swung open. Mandy gave me a puzzled look as soon as she saw me.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Come in."

She opened the door wide enough for me to enter and I walked in, not knowing how to explain my presence in her house in the middle of a school day.

"Ummm..why aren't you at school?" she asked with her arms folded in front of her chest and I looked down at my shoes, wondering how to start without coming off as a bitch.

"Wait, why aren't you at school?" I asked. A valid question.

"I took a sick day off. Did you come over to check in on me?" She asked with a surprised look on her face as if it was hard for her to believe that I would check up on her. If she was sick, of course I would have visited her. I wasn't that self obsessed and her question actually pissed me off.

"Yes. Well, no but I came to see you regarding something else actually." I started and shifted my weight from one leg to another. She kept looking at me expectantly and I swallowed hard before continuing.

"Can you tell me the truth, Mandy? I won't be mad honestly. I just want to know."

She had a straight face on and I wasn't able to read anything. Fuck,Mandy! Give me something so that I can explain and get my guy back.

"What are you...what are you talking about?"

I could sense a hint of guilt in her voice and I let out a heavy sigh as I started to pace back and forth in her living room.

"You could have told me. Why did you have to break us apart and ruin his life? He is leaving the school now." I blurted, letting out all my pent up frustration since morning. She was still giving me the confused look but I wasn't going to buy it anymore.

"Told you what?"

"Oh for fucks sake, that you are in love with Tyler. That's why you planted the drugs in his locker, right? So that he would think it was me, when it real, it was actually you." I yelled, anger evident in my tone and she swallowed hard and took a step back.

Way to not sound like a bitch, Chloe!

"I...I don't know..Chloe...I" She started to stammer as I looked straight into her eyes and she was not able to hide it anymore. She had guilty written all over her face and this actually broke my heart more than Tyler not trusting me.

God! Why didn't I have better friends? And I really thought she was better than Cara.

"I should have known. It's always the quite ones."
My voice broke and I couldn't stand to look at her face anymore. It was painful enough already. I turned around to leave as she couldn't possibly say anything to make me forgive her. I had to tell Tyler and explain the whole situation to our principal as well. I wasn't sure how much they would believe me but I had to try and stop this sudden turn of events.