Chapter Fourteen

By the end of the day, my eyes were no longer red and they were back to normal and I couldn't wait to meet Tyler. I guess I've been looking forward to that for the whole day and just as I was about to collect my things and go meet him at the library, I got a text from him.

'Meet me at my house'- Tyler.

His house?

Wow, this was the first time he was inviting me as he is always known to throw me out of his house all the damn time.

'Are you sure?'

I replied and bit my lips, waiting for his response. I heard my friends calling out my name from outside the classroom.

"What's going on? We are going to Dylan's for a party. Let's go." Mandy came over and stood next to me, waiting for me to respond.

"Uhh....I am meeting Tyler regarding the fundraiser. We are so close and have to summarise the plans." I replied and kept staring at my phone, waiting for his reply.

What the hell was taking him so long? I could see him typing and pausing back and forth.

'Don't worry, I won't ask you to leave unless you want to.' - Tyler.

I couldn't stop smiling at the text and got up from my seat immediately to leave almost forgetting that Mandy was still waiting for me.

"Chloe...are you serious? Can't you do this some other time?" she asked, visibly pissed off now and I was too excited to meet Tyler than go to some lame party.

"Sorry, babe. You guys have fun and tell me everything tomorrow." I winked and walked past her, feeling nervous and excited to be in the same room alone with him.

I reached his home in ten minutes and waited for a few more minutes in my car before getting out as I didn't want to appear too eager to meet him.

'What are you still doing in your car? Come on, upstairs. The door is open.'- Tyler.

Crap!

I looked up and noticed that his window was open and groaned out loud, feeling embarrassed. After checking my reflection in the mirror one last time, I stepped out of my car and went inside.

The door was open and once I stepped inside, there was no one around.

"Tyler?" I called you and looked around to find Lily or his parents popping out somewhere but I was greeted by silence.

"Come on upstairs, princess. No one is home." I heard his voice and followed it upstairs. I took a deep breath and knocked on his door, clutching my backpack tighter and he opened the door within seconds.

I came face to face with Tyler, who was dressed in a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants and no glasses of course.

"Come on in when you are done staring at me," he teased with a small smirk and walked back inside his room, making me roll my eyes.

"Shut up, where is everybody?" I asked out of curiosity as I walked in and he jumped back on the bed while I sat on the chair opposite his bed.

"Visiting my grandparents. They will be back around nine I guess."

"Cool. Shall we get started?" I asked, removing my backpack and pulling out the list I had prepared.

"Yup, come here." He patted on the bed, next to him and I couldn't help but find his actions weird today. He wasn't being mean or anything and I wondered if this was some kind of a sick prank.

"Okay, what's up with you? Why are you being nice?" I asked, standing up from the chair and walking closer towards him. He sat up straight on the bed and gave me a blank look.