004

Irene stood off to the side of the large hall with her rather small group of wizarding friends

Irene stood off to the side of the large hall with her rather small group of wizarding friends. While she didn't really want them to find out this way, or at all if she was being honest, she knew they would eventually and it was probably better for her to answer their questions herself.

Percy was over by the rest of the demigods, catching up after having been away for school and simply enjoying himself. Apollo was with Hermes, talking and laughing loudly with one another.

"Alright, explain Irene." Draco Malfoy said, arms crossed and a blank expression on his face.

Irene sighed, accepted her fate, and put up a silencing ward to keep any eavesdroppers out and muffle the noise of the rest of the hall.

"Well, I'm a demigod, obviously."

"Yeah, we got that part. We wanna know why you didn't tell us." Neville Longbottom said. He looked hurt by this fact, and that made Irene feel somewhat worse.

"It was dangerous," She said simply. "I wanted to tell you, eventually at least, but the more you knew the more monsters would come after you and I didn't want you to live like that."

"So you were just trying to protect us?" Daphne questioned.

"I am just personally offended you didn't tell us about your gorgeous boyfriends," Blaise looked pointedly at the dark-haired girl, who blushed and avoided eye contact. "I mean soulmates? Why can't I get a soulmate?"

"Hush Blaise. Is there anything else you think we should know before the rest of these movies continue?" Theodore Nott asked.

"Lots of near-death experiences aside, no."

"I'm going to die of a heart attack by the time this is over," Daphne said.

Irene thought her friends took the new information rather well considering it was so unexpected, and the only ones she hadn't seen since break started were the twins.

"Now that that's over, do you think we'll get in trouble for some of the stuff we've done at Hogwarts?" Draco suddenly looked nervous and considering some of the things they got up to during the school year it was understandable.

"Maybe, we can ask Madam Bones later, though."

"Any other questions you guys wanna ask?" Irene asked nervously.

"No, and we're not mad you kept it from us either." Theodore wrapped his arms around one of his closest friends, hugging her tightly and reassuring her that they understood.

"Group hug!"

"No-"

"Shush, Draco."

Laughing, Irene wiped the small tears from her eyes. She was grateful to have befriended such understanding people. "Well, I guess it's time to see what everyone else has to say."

The wards came down from around them, and though some of the hall was staring at the group during their conversation most respected them enough to leave them alone.

"We'll let you ask a few questions before we continue with the movies," Thalia said.

"Can you tell us who each of your godly parents are?" A Ravenclaw third-year asked curiously.

"I think we should keep that a surprise," Luke said before Thalia could answer.

"Was it a shock finding out your parents were gods?"

"Most of us thought our parent had abandoned us or something similar, so yeah it was pretty shocking."

"Do you have special powers?" Hermione questioned, rapidly writing notes in a notebook along with other Ravenclaws.

"Some of us do," Percy demonstrated by making the liquid in goblets around the hall rise and form different shapes before gently splashing back down into the cups.

"Some of us are more powerful than others," Irene smirked as she walked into a nearby shadow, popping up right where Percy was and leaning against him.

Thalia scoffed as she summoned a lightning bolt, smiling smugly at the shocked faces in the great hall watching the electricity travel up her arms.

"I can summon the dead," Nico rolled his eyes at the now wary glances of the Light supporters. Honestly, these people switched sides so fast that it gave him whiplash. "But I'm not going to do that because I don't feel like it."

"Show-offs," Clarisse scoffed. "Some of us, like Apollo's kids, just have more skill in a certain area of our parent's domains."

"So cool," Colin Creevy muttered to himself, rapidly snapping pictures of the demigods using their powers.

"You mentioned earlier being able to turn immortal," Dumbledore spoke, eyes twinkling in a way that made Irene want to punch him. Instead, she smiled and nodded. "Can all of you do that? Can you turn regular people immortal?"

"Family secrets, sorry not sorry."

"And on that note, we should start watching the movies again." Apollo grabbed both his lovers' hands and they sat where they were before, waiting on everyone before the screen lit up and the scene continued.

" Apollo grabbed both his lovers' hands and they sat where they were before, waiting on everyone before the screen lit up and the scene continued