006

The sun begins rising, casting a rosy hue over the morning sky and golden light over everything it touches, illuminating the early morning activities of camp

The sun begins rising, casting a rosy hue over the morning sky and golden light over everything it touches, illuminating the early morning activities of camp. A few odd cabin lights are on, but not many appear to be awake yet.

The camera shifts away from the rising sun and through a cabin window, Cabin Eleven where we see dozens of demigods sleeping and enjoying their last moments of peace. Instead of focusing on them, however, the camera goes downward, and the audience sees Percy and Irene cuddled together on the floor.

The golden rays of light touch their faces gently, and Percy is the first to start waking up.

"That was the prettiest sunrise I've ever seen."

"Apollo was extra happy that day,"

"Or he was just showing off."

"Nobody's going to comment on Irene and Percy cuddling? Nobody?"

"We weren't until you said something, Blaise." Daphne smiled at the screen, the sight of Irene relaxed and content was something rare even to them and it was nice to know she had others looking out for her.

Instead of waking her up, Percy lays there for a minute, admiring the way the golden sun makes her face look and enjoying the peacefulness of the morning.

Irene grumbled under her breath, warily peeking one eye open and looking at Percy.

 "Whatcha lookin at, barnacle boy?" Her words were slurred somewhat in her sleepy state, but Percy understood her well enough.

"You looked so peaceful I didn't wanna wake you up," he whispered, trying not to disturb any nearby cabin mates.

"Mhmm," Irene closes her eyes again, a serene smile in place. She knows it's too late to get back to sleep, so instead, she quietly asks, "What'd you think of camp so far?" The dark-haired girl pulls the covers closer to her chin and cuddles herself into Percy's chest, enjoying the warmth.

"This is the cutest thing I have seen all day." Aphrodite gushed over the scene of the two, who blushed in embarrassment at their younger selves.

"I think it'll be good for us. Mom can get a break, I can finally meet my dad in person and we'll have people to relate to, people that know what we're going through,"

"When did you become so well-spoken?"

"It's too early for sarcasm,"

"I suppose you're right."

The peaceful silence between them lasted a few minutes before a conch horn sounded in the distance, waking campers up and alerting them that breakfast was ready. Irene groaned and rolled away from Percy, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.