010

It didn't take long for either of them to pack

It didn't take long for either of them to pack. The two shoved what little clothes they had into their bag and grabbed the supplies they would need. Irene shrank her bag and placed it in her pocket with a multitude of protection charms on it, before doing the same to Percy's bag.

"CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" Mad-Eye Moody yelled, surprising a lot of people and getting a few demigods to laugh.

The camp store loaned them one hundred dollars in mortal money and twenty golden drachmas. Irene told Percy if they got really desperate, she would find a wizarding bank somewhere and exchange some money there.

Chiron gave Percy and Irene a flask of nectar and an airtight bag full of ambrosia squares to be used only in emergencies.

"What does that stuff do?"

"Heals demigods, but we can only have small amounts. It would also kill any mortal that ate it." Will answered.

Grover had worn his fake feet and trousers to disguise himself as a human. He wore a green rasta-style cap to cover his horns and his bright orange backpack was full of scrap metal and cans to snack on.

"So you just... eat metal?" Blaise asked, looking at what the satyr had packed.

"No, I eat fruits and vegetables too. That's just to snack on."

The trio waved goodbye to the campers that had gathered around to send them off, and Irene took a little extra time hugging Luke and Clarisse goodbye.

They took one last look at the strawberry fields before they hiked up Half-Blood Hill to the tall pine tree, where Chiron was waiting in his wheelchair. Irene still hadn't forgiven him for his judgment of Hades, and probably wouldn't until she got to prove him wrong.

Next to him stood the camp's head of security, wearing a chauffeurs uniform. The uniform made it so that all the extra eyes on his hands, face, and neck were visible.

Despite the judgemental looks of some wizards, the demigods were happy to see Argus get some screen time.

"This is Argus," Chiron said. "He will drive you into the city, and, er, well, keep an eye on things."

Hermes, his kids, and Apollo all snickered at the pun while everyone else cringed.

Footsteps were heard behind them, and Luke came running up the hill panting. He was carrying a pair of basketball shoes.

"Hey," he panted, trying to catch his breath. "Glad I caught you before you left."

Irene turned, one hand on her hip and staring curiously at the blonde.

"Just wanted to wish you good luck," He told them, before holding the pair of shoes up. "And I thought... um, maybe you could use these."

He handed Percy the sneakers, which looked pretty normal at first glance and even smelled normal.