015

Their night in the woods wasn't as bad as it could have been

Their night in the woods wasn't as bad as it could have been. Irene had brought three basic sleeping bags for them. Not the most comfortable thing in the world, but better than sleeping on the cold dirt floor.

"Good, good." Alastor Moody mumbled. "You should always be prepared."

They set up a hundred meters away from the main road to avoid being seen, and the ground around them was littered with fast food wrappers and crushed cans.

They decided to sleep in shifts to keep a lookout for any more monsters, and since Irene was naturally a night person she took the first shift.

Percy was leaning against a tree close to her, arms crossed and watching the stars. He didn't want to leave her alone.

"You can go to sleep," Irene said quietly. "I'll wake you if something happens."

"I'm fine," Percy whispered without moving from his spot. He didn't want to leave her alone so soon after what had just happened.

"He's so sweet with her, even back then," A hufflepuff girl commented.

"Right? I want someone to look at me the way those three look at each other."

"When is it my turn to be happy?" Blaise asked, leaning dramatically against Draco like he would start crying any minute. Draco scoffed and pushed him off.

Grover nodded as well but didn't move from his spot on the branches. "It makes me sad, you know."

"What does?" Irene asked

He pointed wordlessly at the garbage littering the ground. "And the sky, you can't even see the stars. This is a terrible time to be a satyr."

Artemis shook her head solemnly, she knew how badly the mortals treated nature and it was something she hated.

Rachel winced. She knew that it didn't matter how hard she worked, she'd probably never undo half the damage her father did. Seeing how upset some of the gods were only made her feel worse.

"Oh yeah. I guess you'd be an environmentalist."

Grover glared at him. "Only a human wouldn't be."

"It's bad in the UK too," Irene said before slapping Percy's arm in reprimand and ignoring his yelp. "The first time I ever saw all the stars was because my mom showed me."

"At the rate things are going now... I'll never find Pan."

"Pam? Like the cooking spray?"

"Pan!" Grover cried indignantly. "P-A-N! The great god Pan! What do you think I want a searchers license for?"

Grover is visibly saddened at the reminder, but none of the wizards notice enough to question it.