008

The sky had not lightened much throughout the day, but every once in a while beams of sunlight would break through the dark clouds

"Were Zeus and Poseidon actually fighting?" A Gryffindor Irene didn't know the name of asked curiously, having remembered that was the explanation given earlier for the bad weather.

"Yeah, for gods that are thousands of years old they sure do fight like toddlers," Percy answered, not at all bothered by the glare some gods sent him.

Irene and Percy had spent much of their third day at camp apart, getting to know other demigods and making new friends at the place they would likely be spending their summers.

"Probably the only time other than school those two were apart," Thalia said, smirking at the two blushing teens.

"Except that time Irene got kidnapped," Grover said as well, like that was a normal thing that just happened.

At dinner, everyone seemed more excited than usual. Irene sat closer to Percy, nudging him with her thigh while he was trying to eat. The black-haired boy looked up, mouth full of food and a confused expression on his face.

Cheeks red, Percy looked away from both his lovers. They were definitely going to tease him, again.

"Don't be worried if you don't see me during the first half of Capture the flag," The dark-haired girl took a sip of her water, and Percy looked more confused at the statement. "I've got a surprise for cabin 11. A little thank-you gift, I guess."

"Good surprise or bad surprise?" Draco asked cautiously.

"Good surprise," Irene promised. "Nobody got hurt."

Irene looked very pleased with herself at this fact and even though Percy had no idea what she was planning, he nodded his agreement anyway. He was too hungry to question his best friend right now.

"Just Percy things,"

"Food is very important!"

When the plates were cleared away and the conch horn blew loudly, surprising several in the great hall who weren't paying attention, the campers all stood at their tables.

Irene continued to stick close to Percy for the next few minutes, watching as campers cheered and screamed when the blonde girl from earlier, Annabeth, her mind supplied for her entered the pavilion. She was with what Irene assumed to be her siblings, a lot of the same blonde hair and gray eyes, carrying the silk banner proudly. Ten feet long, glistening gray, and painted with a barn owl above an olive tree.

From the opposite side of the pavilion, Clarisse and her buddies came in as well, carrying their own banner of identical size, painted gaudy red and decorated with a blood spear and a boar's head.