Chapter 6

"Here, these look good." Matt handed Jenna a pair of gold aviator's sunglasses.

She reached for them but he held them out of her reach. She grabbed at them, grinning. "Give them to me."

Matt waved the glasses in the air. "What's the magic word?"

Jenna put her hands on her hips. "Are you flirting with me?"

"That's not the magic word." He caught her hand which grabbed at the glasses again and lowered it. He opened up the glasses. "Hold still." Jenna froze. Matt lowered the sunglasses to her face and put them on her. "There. Lookin' good."

Jenna swatted him. "Weirdo."

Matt grinned. "Give me back the sunglasses."

"No."

"So you're just gonna walk out with them?"

"Yep."

"That's called shoplifting."

Jenna's face burned red and she tore the glasses off, with a small smile. "Here."

Matt couldn't resist. He dropped a light, passionless kiss on her lips then walked off to go pay for the sunglasses.

God, um maybe I shouldn't have done that. But I've waited ages too. Whatever. It was great.

After buying the glasses, he returned to Jenna who was standing in the same spot. He put the glasses on her face again and took her hand. "Come on. We need to go to the zipline."

She looked at him, and her lips parted. The lips he had just kissed. And felt no shame in doing so. Adjusting her new sunglasses, she started to walk.

When they arrived at the zipline, they waited patiently in line. Jenna raised her sunglasses and set them atop her head. "Why did you do that?"

"Kiss you?"

Jenna nodded.

"Because I wanted to. To prove that I don't care about your baggage." He told her.

"Matt, we broke up." She reminded him.

That was besides the point. He wanted her back. "I don't care."

Jenna crossed her arms. "What happens if I go back to how I was before? You went on half a date with the old me. You only know me right now. What if you "fixed my baggage" and don't end up liking who I was before?"

Matt had never given that much thought. "I would like you no matter what."

Her striking blue eyes looked up at him with expectancy. "You would?"

Matt opened his mouth to reply.

"Next!" The zipline worker shouted.

Matt wasted no time taking Jenna's hand and leading her up to the podium where the zip lines were.

She stopped short when the worker started to help her get into the harness. "I-I don't think I can do this."

Matt looked at her. "Of course you can do this. I believe in you."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Okay."

The workers helped them into the harnesses. "You don't have to hold onto anything, the harnesses are secure. If you want, we can release you at the same time so he can hold your hand." The last sentence was directed to Jenna.

She looked from Matt to the worker and back again, "I'd like that."

Matt smiled. "I would too."

~~~~~