Chapter 13

Matt's team moved in. Raphael put up a fight and chose Matt as his victim. He threw a punch at Matt, but Matt dodged it and caught his arm and twisted it behind Harmond's back. They rolled on the ground fighting, and Raphael was able to graze Matt's cheek.

The men fought, but Blake jumped in and was able to cuff Harmond. Matt rolled to the side and touched his cheek gingerly.

Samantha helped him up. "You'll have a nice bruise there."

Raphael continued to fight against Blake as he was brought down to the cars. "You're too late. She's still going to die. There's nothing you can do about it."

Matt ignored the meaningless threat toward Jenna. They finished this. Jenna was safe. Yet, once they were back at headquarters Raphael seemed to go crazy.

They had to cuff him to the table to stop him from punching everything within reach. Matt sat across from him peacefully. "So your job was to finish Jenna off? Why not Blake?"

"Blake was going to be a challenge. I could fake his death to my father. Jenna on the other hand, well she's too weak for her own good." Harmond scoffed.

Matt jumped up, "Don't call her weak."

Samantha chose that moment to enter. "Whoa buddy, cool it. What'd he do?"

Matt grit his teeth, "He called her weak." He gave Harmond a death stare.

"Ooo, bad choice." Samantha played the comedy card. "Don't call the love of his life weak."

Harmond laughed coldly, "Love of his life? That's new."

Matt stood up, threateningly.

"Hey man, I mean no harm. To you at least. But you're too late. Too late. She's going to die and you won't even know it."

Matt left the room.

~~~~~

"Of course. Yes, we'll have your cake ready this afternoon. Yes, see you soon." Jenna hung up the phone and raced to the back. She needed to decorate a cake. In three hours. Thankfully, Charlie had hired a young girl to work in the shop so she could focus on baking.

"Hey Katie, can you handle the shop? I've got a cake to finish."

The college student turned, "Of course."

Jenna found it interesting that Katie knew Nicole's sister Grace. She had actually been involved in a shooting when a lunatic decided they wanted to kill Grace. Katie had pulled through a surgery and now was doing better. She was so close to being able to graduate and Jenna felt a surge of pride for the girl. Katie didn't even look like she had been shot in the ribs. She moved with grace and strength.

Jenna went to the kitchen and got to work on the three tier cake. A woman was turning forty, and she was a die-hard fan for the Broncos. Jenna was supposed to decorate the cake in Broncos colors and to make it perfect.

With three minutes to spare, Jenna finished the cake. She stepped back and admired her work. The cake was absolutely perfect.

"Hey Jenna, the people are here for their cake." Katie pointed to the front.

"Would you help me box it up for them?"

"Sure." Katie grabbed a tall cake box and helped Jenna move it in. Together, they carried the box to the front.

"Here you are." Jenna presented the box to the husband of the birthday girl.

"Wow, it's amazing, she's going to love it. Thank you so much." The man took the cake and left.