Painful choices (part 2)

Once the door closes you don't waste time worrying instead you walk straight over to the desk showing the surveillance footage from each room. Each room was the same, a plain square-shaped room with just a bomb and a small toolbox. There would be nowhere to hide if it exploded, everyone would die.

The surveillance room had 8 doors connected to it and you wondered what the last door was but you knew you had no time to explore, Each door had a number painted on it in white.

As you scanned the screens you noticed each screen had a number on it too, the screen number matched the door that connected to the room they were in. Your eyes flicked over the players and saw that everyone had secured the bombs to their ankles.

However, they were all dealing with the situation differently. Niragi was playing with his gun, Aguni was carefully analysing the bomb, Chishiya was sitting calmly, Hana was slightly shaking and the two strange men and the older woman were all looking around the room as best as they could to see a way out, you could tell they didn't trust you but you didn't plan on letting anyone die.

You pressed the intercom button and waited for everyone to acknowledge you.

You hear Hana sobbing "Have you found the instructions yet?" her voice was so hoarse you could barely understand her.

Nevertheless, you begin to rummage through the draws. One drawer is locked so you decide to not waste time you continue looking until you find a key with clear instructions.

Use this key to unlock the door of the player you want to save. One use only.

You place it carefully on the desk and continue searching until you come across a book. You flick through the pages. Your heart drops at what you see in front of you.

Each bomb was different and would take a different amount of time to diffuse. The bomb Aguni was attached to would take 20 minutes and everyone else's would be 15. You knew you would be in serious trouble if you let Aguni die, and Aguni wouldn't let you leave Niragi to die, even if he did truly deserve it.

That would leave you 5 minutes left,  not enough time to get everyone else out. You'd have the key but that's one use and could you really decide who to leave to die?

"We are waiting!" Aguni shouted loud enough to make the small microphone on the desk squeak. You take a breath and decide to start with Aguni, maybe he could diffuse it faster than the instructions advised.

"Aguni, I'm going to start with your bomb, are you ready?"  You fight tears back as you watch the other players in their rooms. They are all unsuspecting. You hear the other players panic as they start shouting.

"Do me first!" The older lady shouted

"Save me... I can work with you." One of the two men smirked as he looked towards the camera.

The last request was one that made you want to give up right then and there.

Hanas small voice croaked. "Help me.... please." You brushed away a few small tears that had escaped and focused back on Aguni.

He had pulled the small toolbox at the side of him closer.

"Yes, I'm ready." His voice was firm.

You nod your head, forgetting that no one could see you. "Okay, I'm going to read out the instructions to you listen carefully. Take the small pin and press it into the hole underneath the timer on the end of the chain."

You watch him closely as he follows the instruction, his hands remain still.

"Yes, now what?" His hands hovered over the
remaining tools.