Final countdown.

Much like the night before you were reluctant to go to your own room, Chishiya hadn't seemed to mind your presence so you took advantage of it, snuggling up in the chair with the same thin blanket. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable position but it was one you willingly chose to be in, feeling safer in here than you did alone.

"Morning." Chishiya was already awake, sipping on what seemed to be a bowl of soup when you finally opened your eyes. "You sleep late."

"What's the time?" You ask groggily.

"Nearly 1 pm." He nods towards the clock on the table. "You need to talk to your friend."

"Yeah, I know." You stand, folding the blanket and draping it over the back of the chair. "I'm going to see if there's anywhere I can freshen up and get dressed before I do, will you be okay?"

"Fine." He looks indifferent. "Don't take forever."

You wanted to tease him over the fact that he was saying that because he missed you but you held your tongue, things weren't the same anymore. "Okay."

The nurse you found was different to the usual one, it wasn't easy to spot staff members as they all wore the same light purple scrubs. She led you to a small shower room, handing you a bag of travel toiletries and a towel along with some plain black sweatpants, a hoodie and a shirt. She instructed you to take your time, insisting you needed it.

You warily looked around the room as you closed the door, only beginning to relax underneath the water when you were sure there were no cameras hidden up in the crevices of the walls. The body wash they had given you was of no scent, it made sense but still, you wished you could have been using the body wash that you had back in the borderlands, if only for the fact it smelled like Chishiya.

Once you had finished and felt adequately refreshed you made your way straight to Ann's room. She was sitting up, watching out of the window when you entered the room with a light tap on the door. Her cheeks looked a little rosier than they had the previous day, which only meant good things.

She would be okay too.

"You're back." Her voice wasn't as strong as it usually was, but still, it was better. "Are you okay?"

"I showered." You point to your still-wet hair. "I spoke to Chishiya, we came up with an idea but we need your help."

"Anything." She agrees instantly though you didn't expect any different.

You talked it through with her, explaining everything that Chishiya had regarding the machines and exactly how to trigger the alarms on them in a way that would have the staff running. You decide to do it in 15 minutes, not wanting to wait any longer.

You head back to Chishiya's room, thankful when you see it void of any staff. "15 minutes."

"Okay." He didn't need any further explanation. "Just before you need to head out, don't go to your room." He instructs. "Head to the restroom, they took me to some yesterday. It's down the hall to the left, I think it's closer to the staff room."

You nod, taking the information in. "Have you seen the staff room?"

"No, but that's the same direction they always go." He points out as a nurse walks past, going exactly the way Chishiya had described. "See."

"Observant." You nod in approval though you'd expect nothing less from the man even if he didn't have all of his memories he was smart and cunning. "How are you feeling?"

"Better, not in half as much pain." He demonstrates as he sits up, something he hadn't been able to do quite as easily the day before. "You?"

"Fine." You shrug, really not caring about yourself enough to deep dive into your emotions. "We only have 7 minutes."