Bottled up tight

Kuina had ended up staying the night, you'd spent the entire time talking about everything you'd found over takeout. It had been nice, nice to spend time together without the looming threat of playing games.

But even so, you face a different threat now.

It was different, this wasn't the same as the first day in the borderlands simply because you didn't enter alone. You were scared and worried, stressed and confused but you weren't alone.

The irony is that the borderlands were the place where you stopped being lonely and weren't lost on you.

It truly wasn't.

"Are you ready to go?" Kuina asked, sticking her head out of the restroom.

You nodded, zipping up your jacket. "As ready as I can be." It was weird to be back in your own home, wearing your own clothes.

"I think we should try the library too." She was wearing your borrowed clothes after raiding your closet to find a suitable outfit. "We could check the records there, I'm sure there's something there."

You decided to spend the day finding out whatever you could about the testing company and the location of the warehouse. You'd suggested doing the same about the medical centre but Kuina had explained that it was a dead end. She'd spent every day since being discharged with her mom and every night digging for whatever she could about the medical centre and still after days of looking, she had found nothing.

It made sense that any information on the building had been buried, especially if it wasn't what it looked like. The only reason you believed you had any luck finding out anything about the testing facility or the warehouse is because they were things you weren't supposed to know.

Whatever you found you'd decided to take back to the hospital, gather everyone and anyone you could find regardless of their ability to remember the borderlands and figure it out once and for all. It was stupid to leave everyone at the medical centre especially now you were even more sure that the staff there weren't trustworthy.

Kuina looked hesitant as she explained her idea. "I also think we should look into Hana."

"Are you sure?" You asked, not particularly thrilled at the idea.

It was hard for you. She knew that but as always she was calm and controlled about the subject. "I know you probably don't want to and if you veto the idea we won't but her name was on the document and yes, I know it may not be the same one but we can't overlook it."

"Okay let's do it." You lace up your shoes as she slips on her boots. "Seriously how do your feet not hurt walking in them?"

She looks between you and her shoes in bewilderment. "You didn't think to ask me that about the shoes I wore in the borderlands when we were literally fighting for our lives and spent the majority of the time running to and from things?"

You purse your lips before shrugging. "That's fair."

"Exactly. Now let's go." She linked her arm to yours as you set off.

It wasn't easy to get down the stairs in a pair but you made do, the contact seemed to be reassuring for both of you as you faced a world you were no longer adapted to.

The library, thankfully, was quiet. Ironically, the only sounds were that of Kuinas shoes tapping against the marbled flooring as you waited for the receptionist to hand you entry cards.

She was an older lady so neither of you complained about how long you had to wait, even if you did spend 20 minutes at the desk before being handed your cards.